(Newbie) Fuel sender question

monte4ever

Will the GN fuel level sender read accurately in a Monte Carlo? Also, when running high fuel pressure ( 60+) do you use regular fuel injection hose to connect the sender to the hard lines or is there a way to attach -AN fittings to the sender (preferred)? I want to run a double pumper setup from Racetronix or Reds hot air (whichever one is the best), however these two issues are stopping me from pulling the trigger. I know I can use the sender off the Monte but I like the GN stainless steel construction.

Does anybody have a link to Reds? Who else makes a good double pumper that's worth looking into?

I cant answer the question regarding the fuel sender working with the gauge. There are many different setups and they usually run on different voltage levels between the sender and the gauge. IF you can find what the voltage levels are for the sending unit on the monte, you could compare that to the Buicks or compare replacement parts for both vehicles at the auto parts store. As for the fuel lines, i know they make AN fittings that will attach to the fuel filter so you can run them from there up. There is a company that makes a replacement fuel pump sending unit that has AN fittings already modified but I cant seem to find where that was. HTH! Good luck!

Most GM cars of the era we are discussing use a 0-90 ohm fuel level sender and matching gauge. You could check the fuel level sender's resistance with your digital volt meter in the Monte Carlo against the fuel level sender you plan on using.

Most GM cars of the era we are discussing use a 0-90 ohm fuel level sender and matching gauge. You could check the fuel level sender's resistance with your digital volt meter in the Monte Carlo against the fuel level sender you plan on using.

That's exactly what I thought. I do know the 80s era Monte Carlo senders were 90ohms.

I was in the garage working on my new gauge install and I saw this table in the autometer gauge installation instructions. Hope this helps with your decision!

Attachments

• 2011-04-09_13-43-13_212.jpg
    2011-04-09_13-43-13_212.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 106