newb fuel injector questions

C.P.

GBody fan
i recently installed an 87 turbo regal engine in my monte carlo. the engine has been sitting around for many years, and the fuel injectors are screwed up. i am gonna buy new ones.

i plan on doing some minor mods, i would be THRILLED to get it in the high 12 sec. range, but the main thing i hoped for was "decent" fuel economy.

I guess my questions are:

-what injectors/chip combo should i get?
-will higher lb. injectors use more fuel during regular driving?

please forgive my inexperience!

gas milage may even be better, as new injectors, are "new" and wont flow any more than is needed for the HP. you make.....as a motors HP/needs go up,so will consumption. you didnt mention any of your future plan..but if its a hotrod your building,...dont mess around..get it over with and go straight for the 60lb.mototrons and a turbo tweak chip. you will be glad you did.

i have an 87 GN and the monte, so i guess i'm hooked!:D

I was hoping to get the monte running good as a stock turbo buick before doing any mods, but it doesnt make sense to buy injectors twice! will those 60's/chip work with everything else basically stock? its got the stock GN airbox now! if not, what would i need to get to start?

someone else recommended 42's?

CP,
Don't throw those injectors away. Send them to one of the Buick injector cleaners/matchers and get a great set of injectors back for about $100.
Conrad

I have lucas 42# injectors and turbo tweak chip,very happy and 20mpg on the interstate.

Leeper has worked on several sets of fuel injectors for me and has always done great work. He is also fast and reasonably priced.
Conrad

Thanks for the info. i ordered the 42# and chip from turbo tweak. i will probably go ahead and get the stockers serviced to keep as backups!