New XFI ignition cutoff

HighPSI

Staff member
With the release of the new 2.05 firmware, FAST can now do a Buick ignition cutout. It requires an XFI specific ignition cutout box which costs $99. This box allows all the ignition limits to work in the XFI.
What this means is, you can use the high end rev limits, two step rev limits, three step rev limits, and even the traction control PA mode all with the stock Buick ignition.
For those of you using the eDash, you can now change your launch rpm with this device and never open a laptop.
THIS ONLY WORKS WITH XFI 2.05 SOFTWARE.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Decisions decisions, all just after installing my Bailey two step and contemplating an xim or tr-6.

Cant wait im gonna try one of these on my car. Should be pretty cool.

Got one of the first two step cutout boxes from Cal and easy install...If you foot brake launch in the street or at the track, this tiny black box is great.
Best to ask Cal for complete info, but it's incredibly simple to program and it works really nice, every time...It's a game changer if you have an XFI.

Cal, with some of us with xfi's are going with the new TR6, would you recommend we get the box and use the Xfi's programmable features or just using the TR6 internal setting for the 2step, Rev limit etc? This assuming this box will work with the TR6.

Cal, with some of us with xfi's are going with the new TR6, would you recommend we get the box and use the Xfi's programmable features or just using the TR6 internal setting for the 2step, Rev limit etc? This assuming this box will work with the TR6.

If it were me, I would prefer to use the XFI to control the 2-step RPM because if its set up properly, you have the capability to turn off O2 correction on select PA stages.
AG.

Alan brings up a good point about turning off the WBO2. As for compatibility with the TR6, I have not tried using it with one so can't say if it will work.

I was looking at this in a little more detail and it looks like the PA stage 1 output could be used/configured to arm the BB 2 step on a stock ignition and still utilize the O2 disable function on the first PA stage. Probably should have done it that way myself.
I still think it's better to handle the RPM functions from the XFI since every saved tune file gives you positive record over every tune configuration as well as on the fly switching from the eDash, and not messing with dip switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang Cal! So much for the Bb I bought! Lol are these available yet?

Cal, if no one trys it be for October I'll order one and give it a go

Holly shipped 3 more out today. I went to re-emphasize, you must use the new 2.05 software in order for these to work

Mine is on way as well... cal the software I downloaded has the b4 flash. Is that the right one?

I was looking at this in a little more detail and it looks like the PA stage 1 output could be used/configured to arm the BB 2 step on a stock ignition and still utilize the O2 disable function on the first PA stage. Probably should have done it that way myself.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is how mine is set up currently. I am with you though on it being nice to save the RPM in your tune files and change it through the Edash.

Mine is on way as well... cal the software I downloaded has the b4 flash. Is that the right one?

That's odd, it should have been B5. Either way, B4 will work the exact same as long as you aren't using an XIM box

Keep in mind that anytime the XFI intentionally causes a misfire (like when rev limiting), the O2 Correction is automatically forced to zero.

Keep in mind that anytime the XFI intentionally causes a misfire (like when rev limiting), the O2 Correction is automatically forced to zero.
Oh wow, so you don't need to disable the O2 during rev limit feature ? If so, what a bonus.
Allan G.

Cal, Will the cutout box be offered already installed on a new purchase of an XFI.
I have a Buick buddy who asked me that question after I took him for a ride.