New wheels

TKGN1 said:
Just got finished making custom center caps for the new wheels.
Milled the turbo 6 emblem then polished the rest of the cap.
Came out really cool. Perks of running a machine shop :wink: !

NIce looking car, I have 315s on mine now too and I'm loving it. If you can make that cap to fit some American Racing wheels I'd buy a set. :cool:

Are these wheels really 15" diameter or was that a typo?
Conrad

17 X 8 w/ 245/45/17 tires on front, 17 X 10 w 315/35/17 tires on rear.
Maybe you got confused on the "315" part.

I stand corrected, I did have 15 X -- on one post, they are 17s.

What kind $ for each wheel? I am looking for some new wheels but I must say those wheels make your LS1 brakes look smaller. I have LS1 on mine know but I have a set of 05 vette brakes to install.

They where right at 475.00 ea with coating, rivets, and shipping.
These should clear the vette brakes, I have plenty of room with the LS1 brakes (recently installed LS1 rear disks also).

I usually hate bigger wheels but these are perfect. Look better than the GNX wheel. 17's are the size to have, best performance and tire choices.

many thanks. I am pro 15" wheels for drag racing, but really like the pro-touring look. I'm going to shoot for low 11s high 10s 1/4 mile on the 17's (street trim), don't know if it will happen with the 60 ft ,but gonna kill the Nitto's trying!

I've always loved the look of Simmons Wheels on our GNs, but I think I may now have a new favorite!!:cool:

Nice! Could you post some close-up of wheels? Where did you get them? Cost?
Conrad

I know this is over a year old but did you ever get some new pics?? Those wheels are the nicest i've ever seen on a g-body! Looks sexy:D

Yea I have a few, I really suck at taking pics.
But here are some:

Attachments

• Noble 010.jpg
    Noble 010.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Noble 011.jpg
    Noble 011.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,192
  • 2-04-08 004.jpg
    2-04-08 004.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,185
  • 9-11-07 009.jpg
    9-11-07 009.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,176
Also, a pic with the 15" welds with M/Ts, they fit over the LS1 rear brakes (barely):

Attachments

• Noble 017.jpg
    Noble 017.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,177
Those Intro wheels look awsome guess you wont be selling them anytime soon :)
Thanks
Well, you know, EVERYTHING is for sale at the right price!
Not looking to sell them anytime soon, I'm still enjoying them.

Great, now I HAVE to notch the frame.
THANKS! :mad:
Awe, its just a one day job (kinda;) )! Besides, it opens up a lot of options with wheel sizes.

Notching ?

That's one fine looking Machine big FAT tires and evrything. Makes me want to play Highway Star by Deep Purple....Looking at it makes me drool and get the frame notched. You didn't have to mini tub? What is the average cost to have a reputable chassis man notch a frame? Those 315's on those wheels just look KILLER . You look at Dodge Vipers and ZO6 vettes and they have some MEAT stuffed under them. Don't know what size tire they squeeze under those Vipers but they sure look BADD. You've definately stuffed some rubber in them rear wells and given your Buick an Intimidating up to date Super Musculecar Look. Nice very nice.

What backspacing are you using on them wheels? Might also be interested in a set of caps- looks great!