New wheels/tires - what do you recommend?

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
Ok... it's time for some new rims and tires for Raven. I am thinking bigs and littles and would like some feedback from you on this idea.

Also, I am staying with 275/60-15s for the moment but would consider other recommendations.

My car is a solid mid-11 second street car with occasional visits to the track (no track time in the last few years - the car has just been on the street). However, I think it's capable of a very high 10 sec with the right tuning and good driving.

The mods include a bigger turbo, MPE stock location intercooler, Razor's progressive Alky kit, etc... plus all the basic upgrades (hot wire, walbro 340 M, etc...) and has a 3200 stall converter with a trans massage by Janis in Akron.

I want decent looks as well as lightness and performance. So - give me your latest recommendations for rims & tires (Drag Radials only on the back - Nittos?) to consider and what I should steer clear of?

I've currently been running the Nitto 555s and love them.

I can't recommend any wheels, but I'm pretty sure that Mickey Thompson drag radials are the way to go. They have basically made Nittos obsolete. You might look into that. ;)

I just bought a set of Billet Specialties "Street Lites" 15"x7" for the front with the stock tire size (P215-65-15) and some 15"x10" rears with 275-60-15's.

Claude. :smile:

I just ordered some BS streetlites ,it wasnt my first choice but i found that many of the wheel manufactures where up to 2 months back order and i was fed up of surfing the net and trying to find the right look and backspace...If you like the streetlites call larry hodge,, best price ..check internet

Billet Specialties look pretty cool and are really light, Nittos are great for all around driving and not worrying about rain. If you're not a rain driver, the Mickeys are the way I'd go.

Definitely not a rain driver by choice but since I do not trailer the car, running into a shower is a possibility I guess.

I have Nittos on the car for several years and have no complaints.

I do like the big/little look. Any recommendations on front wheels tires if I go that route?