New Vehicle Ideas!!!!!!

Justa_Gurl_6

okay all. In a few weeks I will be able to drive again. So now is the car ;) shopping part i have a few and would like your input:

95 ford explorer (eddie baur edition). has 85,000 miles on it and the body is in excellant condition (took a mechanically inclined friend with me)

97 chevy s 10. Extended cab. No body damage at all. Interior excellant. no cap though

96 jeep cherokee. Low miles no body damage .

They all run like a top for what they are :) LOL

I did have a 92 ford range and would like another one but parents are ify about it and are steering me into SUV's

Originally posted by Justa_Gurl_6
okay all. In a few weeks I will be able to drive again. So now is the car ;) shopping part i have a few and would like your input:

95 ford explorer (eddie baur edition). has 85,000 miles on it and the body is in excellant condition (took a mechanically inclined friend with me)

Why are they steering you into an suv. Do they know that they are more accident prone than any other vehicle?

An suv is because I do a lot of baking and haul it better in a suv then a truck.

I said about higher roll overs and accident rates but they have there own miond set

I have a 96 Tahoe 4DR and 4WD. I drive it like i drive my car, i see how fast I can take corners. Not once, ever, did it make me feel unsafe or unsure about its stability. They can make anything roll over if they want to.

Scott

With my truck I drove it like a car. I never had any problems with it. (Except my acccident but I was passed out).

Iloved my truck in the winter time. That 4 wheel drive camin handy A LOT when you live in the country!!!!

My dad saw some 5 speed rangers but the only thing is I have to learn to drive stick first.

I am leaning towards the explorer but I still have time to look around so I am not setting all my hopes on this particular explorer

It's not always the SUVs..

It's not always the SUVs that are prone to flipping.. it's many of these SUV drivers that are prone to flipping them. As someone else just said.. you can flip anything.

S-10s have their problems, just like any other truck, but I liked 'em. Tough.

Originally posted by IrvJr
I have a 96 Tahoe 4DR and 4WD. I drive it like i drive my car

My girlfriend had a '99 and I just about rolled it changing lanes on New Years Eve (BEFORE I started drinking, honest!!!) I was used to a Probe GT and not thinking straight. I swear we were on 2 wheels. But that was my ignorance. SUVs are unsafe, but mainly for the other guy.

My friend has a '92ish Jeep with the inline 6. It's got like 125k on it and he's had no major problems. They seem to be tough rides. The Eddie Bauer is nice, but with that you're paying a big premium for the bells and whistles, most of which will break down the line.

I have had it for 5 years now and i can say i finid that hard to believe. You must have jerked the piss out of that wheel to get that kind of response. I would recommend my vehicle to anyone.

Scott

Irv,

I definitely am not the hugest fan of the Tahoe (girlfriend has an '02 Z71 Tahoe now), but that's just me. I think it's probably the best big SUV out there honestly, but I'm just not an SUV fan I guess. I can tell you that we drove the bejesus out of her '99 (WELL north of 100k on the clock now) and the damn thing's bulletproof. I'm glad you like it, and I'd also recommend it to anyone that needs to haul 5 people and a 4 ton boat everywhere :p

Anyway, back to the incident. I did jerk the wheel a little too hard to whip around somebody on a 2 lane road. The road was majorly crowned, so when I shot over to the other lane then straightened out really quick, it leaned to beat the band. But like I said, that was no shortcoming of the vehicle, just my ignorance in using it.

Sounds like alot of factors besides the top heavyness of the Tahoe contributed to your incident.
Ours has 154,000 miles and we are going to use it to pull the GN to WI this summer. It seems bulletproof too.

Scott

Well,
going to look at more vehicles on sunday.

YOu all can laugh at justa6 though lol. He just got a 1997 ford ranger on a 5 yr car loan paying 170 a month!!!

LOL

Just kidding about the laughing part

I have finally come to the conclusion

I offically have no idea what to get!!!!!!!!!

I want a truck but parents (mom) says NO cause of my accident

Everyone else wants me to get a car

NO THANK YOU

I QUIT DRIVING THEN

Anyone want my license?