New Vector wheels part 2

Rubicon 327

Protected by Attack Cat
Not to beat a dead horse cause I know a few of use were just talking about this a few threads down but.........

I didn't want to add this to the thread that BEATAV8 had going for those who might have read it and thought this was the same old thread with not much info on IF these wheels would fit our cars if you had a chance to buy some.I found these just recently on ebay and no one was bidding on them so I figured what the heck.....well nobody bid against me and well... here they are.;)

The wheels I have as you can see in the pics are the American Racings 50th Anniversary Vintage Vector SE 15x8.5 with 5" backspacing and our 5x4 3/4 bolt pattern without any adapters.Yes 5" is too much backspacing cause the shock is only 1/4"away from the rim...if that, and with a tire on would rub the frame easily by the way it looks.

I know a lot of people are not big on wheel adapters, but with the right set I think these wheels would look nice on our rides if you can get past using adapters to push them out so long as they don't look funny......Dam I got to paint my drums.:eek:

I know ....."they look so close to stock why bother" or "they are only 15" or what ever your reason not to like them may be, I like them cause they look so close to stock with just that little bit of difference to them that sets them apart from our normal stock wheels.Do I wish they were 18s or the right back spacing....hell yeah! However I am not running out right away to buy tires and adapters for them anytime soon as she could really use to get down to Otto's for a tune and tweek of some kind as I think she isn't pulling as hard as she should......but that's another issue.:frown:

So enjoy the pics for what they are and if you have any other questions or comments I'd be glad to hear what you think.

No, I should have said 16s and the use of spacers not adapters. Guess I was drunk with excitement!;)......or maybe adapters? What would you do?

Spacers and longer studs?

Or

Adapters with the right spacing with the studs in them?

Not exactly sure how this stuff works as to which would be stronger,but I would think using just spacers and longer studs would be weaker than adapters the right thickness with their own studs. It's a pretty much stock set up so I'm not putting down crazy HP with this car.

Forgive the hijack, your new wheels look sick by the way! anyway, these are 5" BS, just out of curiosity, what is the backspacing on the older vector wheels that sell like hotcakes on here?
thanks,
Talon

Forgive the hijack, your new wheels look sick by the way! anyway, these are 5" BS, just out of curiosity, what is the backspacing on the older vector wheels that sell like hotcakes on here?
thanks,
Talon

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Not sure which wheels you are referring to but I believe my stock T wheels measured 3 5/8" back spacing.

vector wheels

would anybody be interested in these vector 15x7.5 wheels 215/70 michelins with lots of tread are on them. they are in very good condition no curb rash. make me an offer. will be posting on parts for sale.

From the American Racing Web Site.

American Racing Vector SE custom wheel. This wheel is a one-piece painted/machined aluminum wheel. It is direct bolt with conical seat lug holes for use with acorn style lugs.

There was some mention of anthracite I saw somewhere.... I assume that is the color of the paint?

first post

Those wheels are gorgeous. I think that's the backspacing I need for my 69 Charger.

Which brings me to why I joined, I bought a set of unilugs 15X10 for my Charger, and 15X8's for the front. I don't like the way the 10's fit. The offset is not right for my likeing.

I believe it's 3&3/4 but can't remember exactly. Apparently all the older Vectors had the same?

Anyhow they have a deep dish look to them.