New Valve covers

hemi8

Goin Sideways
If someone would develop new valve covers with:
-Removable top panel with O-ring seal for checking/adjusting valvetrain.
- O-ring groove cut into mounting flange which would provide a O-ring seal against head.
- Nice extra thick mounting flange to accomodate the O-ring and would provide a good seal with Buick's lame 4 bolts.
- If we had this we wouldn't need to fight these covers, we all know how difficult they are to get on and off.
Mike Freeman
Herndon, VA
86 GN

Try the T/A valve covers. I have tried everything else, and now I'm happy. They are machined flat on the gasket side, and super easy to remove. The breathers are pointed straight up, not hanging over the exhaust manifold. No leaks, no smoking oil. Get their rubber baffle and the breathers, I'm using foam (supplied) in the neck of my breathers AND their baffled rubber gaskets. 1000 miles so far. This is the cleanest my engine has been in a while. No more oil slicks.

I have had good luck with a solid rubber gasket or some blue colored, multi ribbed, steel inner gasket from Fel-pro I think. Looks like a windshield wiper with many little ribs to seal on both sides.

You can use the OEM stuff attached to the covers, and remove them much easier than other tall covers.

Scott

hemi8 said:
If someone would develop new valve covers with:
-Removable top panel with O-ring seal for checking/adjusting valvetrain.
- O-ring groove cut into mounting flange which would provide a O-ring seal against head.
- Nice extra thick mounting flange to accomodate the O-ring and would provide a good seal with Buick's lame 4 bolts.
- If we had this we wouldn't need to fight these covers, we all know how difficult they are to get on and off.
Mike Freeman
Herndon, VA
86 GN

We have been working on this. I am going finish this project this winter. it might not have the o-ring in the head mating surface but it will be very close to what you described.