New turbo for Hot Air

redhotrod

Turbo Happy
Wow, this place has become slow, not much mention of upgraded turbos for our hot air blocks I see.

Any rate, I have or had a reclocked TA-60 that decided to have the compressor wheel kiss the housing, which destroyed the compressor wheel. This will be a costly repair so I am contimplating replacing the whole turbo with a ball bearing turbo, but not sure anymore how to pick one for my setup, seen a few 6262 turbos I believe will work, but, unsure. Any pointers what I can do with todays turbos for my setup?

I've done different wheel combos but it didn't seem to matter much when used in the stock compressor cover. The diffuser is too small. The biggest restriction is the intake manifold. Until that is resolved the turbo won't matter much. I've used high flow 62 turbines, various compressor, etc. all seem to die around 40lbs/min in the stock cover. The 86-87 cover is good to about about 50lbs/min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you were running a reclocked turbo then you were running a intercooler?

No intercooler, just made it clocked to fit the original spot with an adapter I made to straighten up the throttle body.
I have 2 alcohol jets that are tapped into the intake right under the turbo shooting down both plenums to help cool the hot air charge though.