New Turbo Buick Owner - Frustrated with Knock read from Scanmaster, help appreciated

what most are thinking but not saying, is they are glad you went to bigger Inj & TTchip. because even though we don't know wether or not they were working properly, is the SIMPLE fact that NO ONE uses 36lb injecrtors anymore. I don't think you stated which Inj you went with, as most go with 50,55 or 60lb. let us know how it goes once you have it back up & running.

nothing wrong with 36lb injectors. They're a great injector for its time. The reason people go with 60's as they work well with a stock car all the way to a modded car.

You're safe because you're only running 21 lbs of boost and 21 degrees of timing. This E85 stuff is good stuff. You could easily run 28-30 lbs of boost and 25-26 degrees of timing,so you're very safe. With the low boost and timing,your motor probably doesn't like that much fuel. Have you ever tried leaning it out 2% to see if it makes a noticeable difference?

^ I agree that he might pick up some power by tweaking the A/F ratio. his current target a/f is on the rich side. once he takes it to the track he can change the target a/f and see what it likes if he hasnt done so already. 11.2 might be good. im guessing the reason for the 10.8 is due to the chip having its factory a/f set at 10.8

Ttype6 said:
You're safe because you're only running 21 lbs of boost and 21 degrees of timing. This E85 stuff is good stuff. You could easily run 28-30 lbs of boost and 25-26 degrees of timing,so you're very safe. With the low boost and timing,your motor probably doesn't like that much fuel. Have you ever tried leaning it out 2% to see if it makes a noticeable difference?

Like I said safe side. Sometimes its about enjoying your car all the time not pushing it to the edge and fixing it all the time.

Update:
Finished Spring Cleaning
Installed new Vacuum block and all new Vacuum lines
Installed TT Chip (non-alky tune)
Installed 60lb injectors matched to chip
Installed new Walbro fuel pump, and sock
Set fuel pressure to 43lbs with hose off of regulator
Replaced fuel hoses (in and out of tank)
Installed new O2 sensor
Installed known MAF sensor
Set TPS to 0.44 idle 4.2V WOT
bypassed boost controller - just have a line going from compressor housing to wastegate
Installed RJC Power plate
Installed Racetronix Hotwire kit

Car runs great....except at WOT
Made two passes...good news...no knock...bad news the car nearly dies at WOT, just shudders, As soon as I lift off the accelerator it takes off!

1st Pass - 090 - 0.0 knock
2nd Pass 218 - 0.0 knock

Scanmaster Numbers:
AF07
L8 52
Bat 14.1
Int 23
bl 131
mph 00
clt 200
ATS 141
r 825
tps 0.48
IAC 39
cc 191

Need to verify fuel pressure with a gauge. What spark plug and gap are you running?

Update part Deux....turns out the MAF was not valid, it looked a little strange to me as the connector was 90 degrees off, and the inside body was tapered. So I took the MAF off of a friends low mileage 87GN and went for another drive...holy crap! Car ran awesome. We went to fill up the gas, and a couple kids in an S2000 were talking garbage...I know some might lecture me with having the issues I have been but it felt great to wipe the grins off their faces....needless to say it didnt end well for them.

The car hooked great, barked the tires between 1-2.
777 - 0.0 retard @14psi

That felt so good I made a couple more passes

790 - 0.0 retard @14psi
795 - 0.0 retard @14psi

Unfortunately my friend took his MAF home..bummer.

Need to verify fuel pressure with a gauge. What spark plug and gap are you running?

R43TS 0.035 gap

I made 1 run with the fuel pressure guage taped to the windscreen...the car was running @14 psi, the pressure gauge read @52-53psi)...it was pretty dark so I only made note of 1 run.

I cant thank all of you enough for getting me to this point...I am truly humbled by all the responses.

I know I still have a lot of tuning to do as 14lbs aint gonna cut it...but thanks to this forum and the time you guys spend writing meaningful responses I now know the basics, and I have a solid starting point.

Good progress. Looks like you need a Translator and LT1 MAF.