New Tta

TTOP350

well at least new to me(maybe) I found one for 4000$ bucks. yes its real. 8th digit is a 7. haven't had a chance to look at it close though it was night time.. guy just wants it gone..
I'm not looking for one that is a show car, i want high miles maybe not the original motor...what should i be looking for other than missing parts and crash damage???

Well for $4000 you probably won't have a real pretty car and will be lucky if it runs descent. Watch out for the interior as it will be the most expensive area to replace ($700 for front seat covers?)

If all the TTA specific part are there and the engine only need minor work (probably head gaskets) then it would be a descent deal. If it needs a full rebuild or is missing alot of parts you may want to shy away from it.

So what did you see when you looked at it? Is the body all crashed or what? Other than the guy wants it gone, why is he getting rid of it?

It's no big deal if it's not 100%... i'm kinda lookin for one that is a little beat up, this way i'm not tearing apart a nice one..engine work is no big deal (i do it all day)..body work (i have friends :) )
i have a 89 FORMULA 350 (ton of mods)with leather so i know about the interior... just wonderin' if there is any common things that go bad that are only TTA related ..Thanks for the input:cool:

Look for a rebuilt title and all the VINs not just the windsheild VIN but, the ones in the fenders, hood, doors and such..... They ar plastered all over TTA's.HTH

Tony, one big thing to look for is the

Intercooler shroud (if its not there be prepared to fabricate or pay$$$)