New tt chip erractic boost readings

jragracer

bought new tt chip and boost readings are to high for my comfort zone,,27/28lbs..old chip 18/22 lbs.Change gauges and same boost still 27/28..switch back to old chip boost goes back to 18/22lbs ..no increase in 60ft et or mph.with that much boost i should be shaggin ass..Any input would be appreciated

its very inaccurate ..think i'll go back to old chip until we get it figured out..or maybe eric will chime in..mods are in my sig..

The factory computer does not "control" boost. It simply pulses the wastegate solenoid a certain % duty cycle. Buick set it up knowing that X% = 14psi boost. The computer doesn't know what the actual boost is.

Depending on what kind of chip you bought, we change the wastegate duty cycle to increase boost. An alcohol chip and race chip will be max duty cycle (100%), and the user is expected to adjust the boost themselves using the wastegate actuator, or some other method (like a bleeder). For a street chip, I usually set the wastegate solenoid to pulse at a rate that would give roughly 17psi (assuming a stock wastegate and somewhat stock car).

In general, the user is expected to adjust/control the boost, since the computer can't. If you changed the chip and the boost went up, then you most likely are still using the factory solenoid, and the new chip is commanding a higher WG DC.

What is your chip# (order#) and I can look up your chip program.

Regards,
Eric

Thanks Eric..order#8111-race chip maybe we will adjust the acuator..but with 5/6 lbs of xtra boost,shouldnt there be a perfotmance gain?once again thanks Eric for your input.

Yes, if everything is working correctly (valve springs, converter, etc). However in your sig, it says ported everything, but in your chip order it states stock heads. If the heads are heavily ported, then you might not get much more out of that 44 turbo. Also , it depends on the RPM range you are operating in. At higher RPM+ported heads, the 44 will run out of breath sooner when compared to a lower RPM setup.