new TR owner in macon Ga. neehing help

graphic

I am contracting in a plant in Macon Ga. a guy with a TR had his powermaster go out. any one in that area willing to help him out... he has very very limited dealings with them. let me know an i'll send his phone number. this guy knows nothing about Turbo regals! but wants to keep the car and learn.
Thanks

Terry Dinwiddie
Franklin Ky
Buickgn @ prodigy.net
87 GN 12.1 @ 111

Take off whole unit, and try to find a parts store who will offer at least one year warrenty on a rebuilt unit. I would not waste time trying to fix it. Some get lucky, while some pay too much swapping parts and fooling around.

Or swap to a vac. assisted brake set-up for cheap. 87 Monty Carlo stuff.

John Dicarlo (Red Regal T) sells the vacuum conversion on this board. He lives in FL. so shipping would be prompt. Look him up in the FL. section of the board.

Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
John Dicarlo (Red Regal T) sells the vacuum conversion on this board. He lives in FL. so shipping would be prompt. Look him up in the FL. section of the board.

Bo

I agree...call Red Regal T....I bought my vacuum brake set up from him & am very happy with the results. Price is good & he'll provide you everything you need.

The Darkside:cool:

This is a new TR owner and needs someone to help him learn. like from a local TR owner. he is ne to the area and I live 400 miles away.

Thanks Doug for the compliment! :)

Terry- I did receive your email to my bellsouth account and will contact this guy to see what's up. I may be able to help him with some of the stuff. I'll report back and let everyone know how it goes. Do you also have another # for this gentlemen? The # you supplied is a pager #. I'd feel better not leaving a page for the initial contact.

There just aren't many TR owners here in Central GA! :(

I talked to Gary today using that number.
he said he is working 3rd shift this week. Tyco was Paragon,
It is a cell phone number.
He may have had it off.

Thanks
Terry dinwiddie
87 gn 12.1 @ 111

Thanks Terry. Please confirm that # with me again as that area code doesn't look to be any I've recognized. Maybe it's a CA # or something? The next 7 digits look to be a local Macon number. I will try him again though.

I've had Powermaster concerns over the years and have gotten to know them pretty well. Also have a spare used accumulator ball we could try on his car. Don't believe he'll find any at Advance or AutoZone as that stock has been depleted and probably will not be a resource for us anymore. :(

thats Gary Deemer
254 744 3754
maybe a waco texas number. he just moved to macon.

you are correct advance does not have powermasters any more.
he put a new ball on it a few months ago.
he also said the pedal went hard. and had a smell.. prolly the motor.

thanks.

Terry Dinwiddie
87 GN 12.1 @ 111

There just aren't many TR owners here in Central GA

Don't be to quick to say that lol. Just south of you is Doug, me, eric and 2 guys in valdosta that I can think of right off hand so you are not all alone :D There are probley a lot more than you think up in macon, you will just have to find um lol. Daniel Ray

I need to vent here........ :mad: I assisted this indivudual last June, helped him work and diagnose his powermaster problem, and loaned him out my only spare PM accumulator ball (NOS). His problem turned out to be a bad PM motor and I then did his legwork with emailing Hank Terry getting all of the info so he could order one up via snail mail. (he doesn't have web access at work or home). That cured his problem. I last heard from Gary Deemer last November and I have left several messages for him over the past couple of months to call me back so I can get back my NOS accumulator ball- no replies or return calls. Wondering now if he's moved? I would have thought that he would have made a better effort to ensure proper return of my part. Lesson learned here...... note to self...... I will not loan out any parts to anyone that I don't know or personally trust!! :mad: Rant over. :mad:

That sux Evans. It will probably bite him in the butt down the road! :eek:

Gary Deemer

Called his number
He has moved to Waco Tx.
Cell number above is still good.

Still a chance he will come across with the part.

If not maybe a Waco TR owner will help.
Sorry for the trouble. he seemed like a good guy that wanted to preserve his TR.

Terry
87 GN 12.1 111

update as this continues.....

After Terry called his # about a month ago, Gary called me the next day (4/12/06) and he and I talked. He admitted that he should have returned the part prior to his move from GA back to TX and said he tried to call my cell # several times with no answer. I gave him my mailing address and he agreed to mail the part back. Well....... one month later and I still don't have my part or $! :mad: Looks like I'll have to call Mr. Deemer again to remind him of what he agreed on one month ago. At this point I want my NOS accumulator ball back or $ equivilent ($150.00) It's not known if he even stored the part upright so it's usefulness is an unknown?

Any TR owners in Waco TX that know of him and can give him a friendly reminder to make good? He does not have internet access and his car is an original '87 wite TR w/WO2 (blackout). Works at a diaper manufacturing plant. You try and help someone out from the goodness of your heart and they take advantage of you! Thanks for any help.

graphic said:
any word yet from Gary?

Part or cash?

Let me know I'll call him again if needed.

Terry Dinwiddie
Buickgn@prodigy.net

No word or update. I haven't had time to try and reach him. I'll PM you my shipping address in case you get a chance to talk with him and IF he forgot or lost it. Thanks Terry!

Sent him a letter today and asking him to return mail the part. Still hoping he'll come through and be a gentleman in this.

Any Waco Texas TR owners that know him or have run across him? He has an original, unmolested white '87 TR with blackout trim. If so, please reinforce. Thanks!

Evans,

Sounds like it's time to make a road trip.
Let's hop in the 87 of yours and hunt him down! J/K

I can understand your frustration, I hope you get some restitution.