new toy>help figuring out what exactly i got my self into

It has knock gauge n a scanmaster..thats all it sems like they did sum with the ecm because is missin the bolt in the bottom.

Thats not a 76mm turbo. It has an "S" cover. 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet. It could be a number of turbos but not a 76 or 74mm. They come with "H" covers 4" in 3" outlet on the compressor housing. Don't take it as bad news. Got any more pics? Welcome to the TRs, again!

No but i can take some. No bad news here. Is all Gud..car pulls real strong so whatever that turbo is spools fast n hard.. Ill take some pic of it with out the piping to see if that would help figuring it out..

No but i can take some. No bad news here. Is all Gud..car pulls real strong so whatever that turbo is spools fast n hard.. Ill take some pic of it with out the piping to see if that would help figuring it out..

If you remove the hoses you may find a 4 digit number scribed into the outlet going to the intercooler. Ex...6776 S

The only numbers i found were these m24 ec-1 a/r 76..and in the ecu i found a turbo tweek chip but it says nothing on it.

TTYPE 037.jpg

The only real way to know what kind of turbo that is is to pull off the compressor housing and measure the wheel. Otherwise you are just guessing. For a year I thought I had a te60, turns out I have a te34, they both loo identical.

Hey Luis,

Welcome back to the dark side, we will go through and sort everything out. I am with Jason too, it doesn't look like a 76 maybe the guy said 76 trim exhaust wheel which means it could be the old (but still good) P trim exhaust wheel. It could be something in the 60 series like 62mm and up. If you still have have the previous owners Ph# I can call him and find out what he knows eventhough it changed hands few times.

Prasad

It is not a 76mm. It looks like a 67.
BTW, the 76mm compressor can come in an S cover. See pic:

Attachments

• compwheeel.jpg
    compwheeel.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 187
Good look on set up,Not to jump off the subject at hand but man I like to see where guys and gals that have Tr's can have other members to have fun, help, etc. Im in maryland and dont see any Tr's hardly hope some pop out this spring too many imports and mustangs in my parts. Good luck to ya enjoy the Beast!!!

This car spend most of its life in marryland. Thats according o the carfax.. Just in 09 got to il.. Who knows maybe u seen it arround