New toy found at my dads shop under a trap in the back and not sure what to do with

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
Little back ground before the car info.

My dad build race cars and some very fast street cars along time before I ever came around and he continued after I was born and I dont know what all is in his collection cause I dont have all day to walk around 75 acres of cars it seems like they just never end.

He however had kept his Grand National and gave me his 84 T-Type till he passed away a few years ago and I had got everything else due to him not being married. I also have a few of his full blown race cars and a ton of photos of them racing and videos. The hallways of the house is lined with pictures from street races and drag strips.

I have recently decided to put my house in town up for sale and move into my dads old house and follow in his footsteps. I was walking around the shop and found this car tucked away in the corner just sitting under a trap. My uncles that worked with him said he started building it and stopped and said he wanted me to finish it and it to be my race car. So with him saying that to me and all I have decided to go ahead and finish it cause he passed away unexpectedly.

This is not the only unfinished project in there and Im sure if I walk into the field some more Ill find something else to build out there.

This is a 70 and 1/2 split bumper sorry about the doors and stuff being off my brother was sanding it for me and we are going to paint it soon. I dont have a motor or trans for it yet though. Im still figuring out what way to go with it.

Its got a 4 link, back halfed, wildwood disc drag brakes all the way around, 12 point cage, coilover setup, 12 bolt rear, 3 stage nitrous system, and air shifter setup.

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

093.jpg

Now what it comes down to is that I dont know what motor to put into it and I currently dont have one to go in it!

I think you know what motor most of us would recommend!:D How about more pictures of all the cars? Love looking at pics of what other people have stashed.

BUILD IT! That is awesome, and a great tribute! Nice story, thanks for sharing. And I with Mark, lets see some pics!

Ill take some more pics as I can. We are in the process of moving into the house.

I would like a v6 in it to embrass some of the v8 guys.

Imagine the fun it would be to drop a late model Camaro V6 in there with a turbo or two on it... 300+Hp out of the box.

My brother has called me and told me that there is a fiberglass set of doors and trunk lid for it sitting in there among some parts.

NICE! Could be a light quick car. As much as I love the V6's, I would consider an LS motor and either a pair of turbos, or a single larger one. Great start to a project there, however you consider building it.

Sounds like your dad had a motor in mine and might be hidding there somewhere.

I agree with the LS/ turbo idea...

Also, a RS is a true split bumper, it will have the round turn signals..

Attachments

• 70rs.jpg
    70rs.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 400
It has them. There is a few race motors in there and I have found his "recipe" book for running times.

I love those 70 1/2's I used to own one myself I lost in a divorce I wished I could have kept that unit for sure. Good luck with the build