New Topic Your Oldest Original Car You Owned & Drove

My 1st car I loved was my beautiful 1963 conv Cadillac , white exterior with baby blue and dark blue leather interior , with matching baby blu top , it was the hottest car in HS , loved that car .

Hey Dennis,thanks for info on my old GTO, i completely forgot about that bumper,somkind of rubber or styrofoam or something. Plus i been thinking and the car also had a real piece of glass in the top,not just plastic like most converts of the day. Do you know how rare they are and what they are worth now, i want to just keep depressing myself.

Technically my first car was a 70 1/2 Camaro, but my dad got it for me before I was 16. I learned to drive a manual in that car. It was all original 350 2 barrell (250hp according to the pealing air cleaner sticker) with 4.10 gears. I never got to enjoy that car because he sold it before I had my license. :/ He made it up to me though. He bought me a 67 Impala SS 327/275hp. It was all original too. Had the typed window sticker, protecto plate, etc. I had that car during my high school years until my mom drove it out of town for work one weekend and something happened in the valvetrain. Wish I still had both of those cars, but oh well.

1971 Datsun B110 69 horsepower monster. Everybody at school called it the blue haze. It burned so much oil it left a blue fog behind it. If somebody was tailgating me real close I would hit the gas and they would get tiny oil droplets on their windshield. I got it when I was 15 and cut the guys yard 3 times for it. It was a POS but it was freedom for a 16 year old.

1979 Pontiac Sunbird. 4 cyl, auto. Canary yellow. Top speed of 70, downhill with a tailwind. At 60 mph it would start to shake so bad a cassette would eject. BUT if you had the guts to stay in it, it would smooth out after about a minute and half when you got to 65 mph. We named it the Ice Chicken. Though looking back it was probably the best car on snow and ice because even then it wouldn't spin the wheels.

The first car I ever owned I still own today. Bought it 22 years ago. It's my 85 t-type. It wasn't modified........instead I'd say it was butchered!

Today it's still the only Turbo Buick or Hot-Rod I've ever owned. Many of you have seen it.

i would actually like to find a nice cheap early Citation X11 notchback with a 4 speed... it was the quickest car GM sold at the time...
almost bought a solid one with only about 50,000 miles on it for $500 about 20 years ago...
a supercharged 3.8 backed with a 5 speed swapped into one of those would make for one hell of a scary little car..

67 ford thunderbird with a 429 cj.Holy Moses was that car cool. Hood was about 8 feet long, it would incinerate the tires with the lightest stab and it was fast as hell. 16 years old at the time and pops put an end to that because he was sure I would kill myself with it. He was probably right. But I replaced it with a 70 gs that was equally lethal. The gs survived 20 years of hard adolescent abuse before I sold it to buy a 70 gs 455. Convertible that I own. Today

67 ford thunderbird with a 429 cj.Holy Moses was that car cool. Hood was about 8 feet long, it would incinerate the tires with the lightest stab and it was fast as hell. 16 years old at the time and pops put an end to that because he was sure I would kill myself with it. He was probably right. But I replaced it with a 70 gs that was equally lethal. The gs survived 20 years of hard adolescent abuse before I sold it to buy a 70 gs 455. Convertible that I own. Today

My Mom had a '67 T bird when I was little. The thing I remember the most was how my hair would get caught in the chrome emblems on the seat backs. I also burned myself a lot on the chrome trim pieces in the interior. One of the ugliest cars ever made, but it had a ton of really nice features for the time. Hers had a 390. Not as fast as my Dad's '68 GS 400, but it had stump pulling torque. Part of me still wants one.

Hey Dennis,thanks for info on my old GTO, i completely forgot about that bumper,some kind of rubber or styrofoam or something. Plus i been thinking and the car also had a real piece of glass in the top,not just plastic like most converts of the day. Do you know how rare they are and what they are worth now, i want to just keep depressing myself.

I don't follow GTO values much any more like years ago. I do know one of the most popular colors was that green color they had since it was used in their ads alot including that famous one shot on the main highway up near Flint. The rare engine was the ram air ones....

The neat option came out in the 1970 had an exhaust cut out but was ruled illegal in a few states including my state PA so very very few saw actual production.

Pontiac scored big time when they introduced the GTO and remained a major force until the early 1970s when government regulations etc killed performance cars along with insurance rates. We all have had cars we regret selling..

Today you would have to spend about 30 grand to get something decent. Cars are not particularly rare example in 1966 Pontiac cranked out 80,000 GTOs....thats more in one year than Buick did with Turbo Regals. Keep in mind back then these cars were made at 12-13 different assembly plants around the USA our cars where all made in Flint and final assembly was in Pontiac reason their is the letter P in our VIN numbers. On the plus side we have lived through both the original muscle car era and the later one...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis ,Gene here. Hey thanks for the reply about the GTO. That was some car. I to live in PA,up in the poconos,met you at your buick event, really not to far at all. Need to come bac down so Pete can adjust my windows,just haven't had the time,once again thanks for the info, i had forgotton about that car.

A 1954 Ford coupe, 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle with a 396 4sp, 1970 Ford Fairlane, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 with 351 Cleveland, 1970 Chevrolet Impala. 1974 Chevrolet Corvette. And the list goes on and on and on.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

1939 Chevy 2dr sedan...$125.00 from the local Pontiac dlr. Sold produce from our garden, Gramps helped w/ the "financing".:cool::D
Split manifold. [Done in the HS shop w/ a carbon arc torch!]
37 Floor shift trans.
Skirts.
Portawalls, baby moons.
Plastic pop beads hanging on the mirror.
Car club plaque on the back.

The first car I ever owned I still own today. Bought it 22 years ago. It's my 85 t-type. It wasn't modified........instead I'd say it was butchered!

Today it's still the only Turbo Buick or Hot-Rod I've ever owned. Many of you have seen it.

Joey, I didn't know that your Buick was your first car!…All I can say to everyone here is that I saw Joey's car "in person" numerous times ant it's just beautiful!…:eek: You should enter it in the car show in Bowling Green KY next year.

My first car was a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T :) which my father bought brand new for my mom. When I reached the age when he would let me drive, he bought another vehicle for my mom and gave the Charger to me. I know for a fact that car still exists today, it has been frame-off restored to original specs and has been exported to Great Britain and the current owner stills gets in touch with me once in a while! (y)

Claude. ;)

Picture 011.jpg
Picture 005.jpg

Last edited:
1939 Chevy 2dr sedan...$125.00 from the local Pontiac dlr. Sold produce from our garden, Gramps helped w/ the "financing".:cool::D
Split manifold. [Done in the HS shop w/ a carbon arc torch!]
37 Floor shift trans.
Skirts.
Portawalls, baby moons.
Plastic pop beads hanging on the mirror.
Car club plaque on the back.

finally someone that has owned a older car than I have.....on a side note....fender skirts quick story about them.

One of the major companies that made fender skirts was in my town where I grew up. It was called Foxcraft. I used to pass it every day going to school.

Fender skirts like many accessories reach a peak then die out and that is what happened with fender skirts of course today some of them if you can find them brand new for the rite car can fetch $500 or more a set... Foxcraft of course is long gone....

Ironically Foxcraft even tried their hand at making floor shifters but didn;t come close to the production or quality that Hurst did and Hurst was located about 20 minutes away.....I used to get Hurst decals for my school book covers....

true story

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Joey, I didn't know that your Buick was your first car!…All I can say to everyone here is that I saw Joey's car "in person" numerous times ant it's just beautiful!…:eek: You should enter it in the car show in Bowling Green KY next year.

My first car was a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T :) which my father bought brand new for my mom. When I reached the age when he would let me drive, he bought another vehicle for my mom and gave the Charger to me. I know for a fact that car still exists today, it has been frame-off restored to original specs and has been exported to Great Britain and the current owner stills gets in touch with me once in a while! (y)
The first picture is way back in 1969 with my dad reaching the end of the 1/4 mile at Sanair race track near Montreal, QC and the next two pics are from the same car now in Great Britain...

Claude. ;)

View attachment 267663 View attachment 267664 View attachment 267665
Thanks again Claude. Your kind words are always appreciated!

And WOW! I think it's great that you are able to keep up to date on the whereabouts of your first automotive love. If I ever part with my Buick, I don't think I could go on not knowing it's condition or whereabouts. On the other hand, it may break my heart to find out something bad happened to it.

I'm not sure which I would prefer.

1967 GTO vert 400 4 speed and matching #'s. Dark aquamarine(forget the name)with matching interior. My Dad bought it in 1980 for $1,800 with new paint, top, tires. It did have headers, P4B Edelbrock, and Holley 750. I still have it, in need of resto sitting under the carport. Turned some serious cash offers and even pissed a couple off after telling them I will never sell it,EVER. His wife says that's cute, I replied you don't have enough money to offer me. When my boys get it that will be 3 generations who have owned it:) My oldest has a 69 Firebird now.

i was not as fortunate as some....1974 baby blue ford torino 302 v8. we called it a land yacht but my wife being from texas updated later me to the correct term "prairie schooner" lol first time I rode in my GN i had flash backs, with it "floating on down the road" made me me think damn this thing needs some suspension work lol