new to turbo buick

racinjason87gn

racin jason
hi every one my name is jason i have 1987 buick grand national im new on here i have had my car for over five years i have 1987 lc2 fast xfi e-85 tuned by Dan White from white racing 586-756-3026 he is the man when it comes to these cars or any car i have precision 6765 billet journal bearing precision front mount vigilante 3200 single disk champion cnc series iron heads stock cam rods pistons ta mild steel headers 3in s.s.downpipe internal wastegate from hartline performance y cutout test pipe got parts on car dynoed 564 h.p to the rear wheels. wating on 4 bar map sensor from fast turbo downpipe and headers are great thanks again holly and cal from hartline performance car ran a best of 10.62 128 mph also ran 10.86 and 10.76 should run low tens after i get my 4 bar map sensor and have dan the man tune it up i gained 30 hp to the rear wheels by taking cut out off on test pipe i will post vids of my car soon thanks again every one oh ya no knock on over 32 lbs of boost on e-85

Attachments

• buick side.jpg
    buick side.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 482
  • buick motor.jpg
    buick motor.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 473
  • buick inside 2.jpg
    buick inside 2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 486
  • back in line milan.jpg
    back in line milan.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 482
  • buick inside.jpg
    buick inside.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 484
Good looking car and welcome to the darkside.

Just one question for you. Were you running 32# boost on the billet 6765 turbo on that 10.62 @128 mph pass? Only reason I ask I am still on the fence about this turbo. Thanks for any info you can share.

my fast xfi e-85 buick

i got a t horn cap still have the grand national one but i think the t -type one looks better . ya i just put the 6765 billet on and it went 10.62 i only ran it three times 10.62 10.86 10.76. im going to play with my fast xfi i need a 5 bar map from fast so my wideband can correct fuel spark e.t.c my three bar map only will reads and correct up to 30lbs boost i want to be safe over 33 lbs still was safe without map sensor. the turbo is amazing spools up instantly i will post times sunday when i get home from the track sunday. i have vids from last sunday at the track on my facebook i will post vids if i can on here i might try my trans brake out i dont want to hurt any thing car spools so fast off the footbrake i dont need to use the trans brake. one amazing fast e-85 v6 i will keep you all posted and thank you all 'racin'jason:biggrin:

yes this turbo is one of the best ones out at this time i got mine from hartline performance best buy out there amazing call holly at hartline i will update this weekend sunday night let every one know how it performed i will keep you posted

thanks for letting me know how awsome that 6765 performs! im getting ready to upgrade and you helped make my choice very clear :cool: Cant wait to see your times on sunday. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

How does E85 compare to C16? good times with only stock cam. I wonder what it would do with a performance roller cam.

i used to use c-16 know i run fast xfi with e-85 best fuel ever 35 lbs boost on dyno no knock i would switch my car is flex fuel i can run gas or straight e-85 and thats what i do i was over 30lbs of boost last weekend at the track when i ran my times car never got over 185 deg e-85 runs so much cooler i have a precision front mount blocking the radiator i will update sunday my new times have a great one every one

Nice times and with a stock short block , make sure you go say hi in the e-85 section.

8-22-10

hello every one i went to the track on sunday could only get car to hook uo one time on the m/t street radials went 10.66 124 1.52 60 foot car kept smoking tires next weekend im using slicks for the nmca event in milan michigan i will let every one know how i do:)