new to the game

apples and oranges.

comparing old turbine technology to more modern impellers.

housings are just that...... housings. machining can make them equal when using stock cast parts. so to say the stock housing made an improvement AFTER a turbine upgrade doesnt say anything.

but a swap from the original hotside (factory housing and turbine) to the slightly more modern 86-87 housing is indeed a large improvement.
All I am saying on my app it is much more easy to hog out the stock housing and keep it in the stock mounting position. Asked reed when the the turbo was being built said it would be a waste of my money .

Been wondering where you'd gone Mike. You never updated your thread so I didn't know how well it worked. Just reduced lag or are you getting more power as well?
Lag is a little less the car never really had lag issues there is no comparison in power it has more power now at quarter throttle than it did at full throttle before. Now it gets 10 pounds instantly with no audible pinging. Had to reduce total timing curve some and it has to run a minimal 10 pounds boost. Building a 4.1 taking it to the machine shop this week. Cant decide if it going to get stroked or not afraid if it gets stroked my new turbo might not keep up. A lso have not installed my duttweiller headers yet had them ceramic black coated. Also have a new downpipe , just need to see if it will clear the haeders and make a new upipe. My computer was broke could not get online much hopefully it wont screw up for a while