New to extender extreme chip

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Got a new chip for the e85 swap. Running 85mm maf with translator plus. All dip switches set to "on" and maf setting to 6. Car started and ran fine on the pump gas that was in it and everything on the SM looked fine. Shut the car off and put in 5 gallons of e85 in the next day. Car ran fine. Blm a little on the higher but not bad. Took the car to the gas station and filled up with e85 and now blm is 160 at idle. Is this normal with this setup on e85? Took it for a drive and I haven't got any KR and the WB reading seem normal.

Makes sense since you started with pump gas and E85 and then went and filled back up with E85 so the amount of fuel required at idle is now going to be different. Your target has changed and now the ecm is needing more fuel to reach it...hence the 160 BLM.
Double check your fuel psi and reset the ECM (unplug the orange wire by battery for 5 seconds and reconnect) this will reset the chip and should help drive the car around and see. Otherwise you could tweak parameter 11...you did read the instructions right LOL.

Yes I did. I've never had any other chips besides turbotweak so it's all new to me. Can I use the base settings in the translator to make the adjustment or do I have to use the blm correction in the chip?

There is a parameter called block learn correction in the extender extreme chip you can add fuel over all load points.

any other words on it? the X means "custom" for injector size.

what name was it ordered under?

Bob

I can't seem to find that chip order.

in any case, that sounds like a gas chip, not an E85 chip. But we can try tuning adjustments.

first: set the MAF base to 0, see what that does for cruise BLMs and driveability. then adjust BLM Cell # if the cruise BLMs are too far out. (would like to see them 120 - 128)

Bob

If I may ask a few questions about the chip and translator combo since this is a newer thread...

Does this chip still require a GEN 2 translator to do wideband tracking under WOT conditions?
Would it be more advantageous to have the larger 3.5" MAF when running E85 and large injectors like the OP?