New Style HR Parts Rear Sway Bar

captainron

Reel 'em in
Did a test fit of the new bar today on my chassis build. I'm very impressed with the quality of this piece. Laser cut brackets, quality heim joints, and solid detail all the way down to providing a "real" Crayon to mark measurements, not a cheap imitation :biggrin: I always wanted the HR bar but never liked how much it would hang down below the rear diff. This new style has a new bend for greater ground clearance, just what I need for what will be a lowered car.

9_Sep_10_013.jpg

9_Sep_10_012.jpg

9_Sep_10_014.jpg

Auh, damn it. I go the other one. I hate shiny new parts...thats why I am poor. Looks great. Dont forget to tack weld the saddles to the housing...it will move on a good trans brake launch.

:biggrin:

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Man I want one.

Sweet that's how it looks when installed. I have mine stored under my bed gotta wait for Lou to come back from his trip before I put it on.

You will want to weld those lower brackets in place once you find out where they end up once the exh is installed,I try to keep them outboard for race cars and inboard for street cars.
If you end up with them in the middle of the bar you should purchase the
locating rings he sells to keep the bar from sliding back and forth

Pics????? Lol
I've been meaning to get her up on a lift to shoot a few. Actually I have Gbodies upper/lower fronts, along with rear uppers and metco alum. lowers. It's all PC'd red along with the front sway. I'm quite proud of my undercarriage. Alot of time and work went into it. Gimme about a week.

You will want to weld those lower brackets in place once you find out where they end up once the exh is installed,I try to keep them outboard for race cars and inboard for street cars.
If you end up with them in the middle of the bar you should purchase the
locating rings he sells to keep the bar from sliding back and forth

I'll have to look for those locating rings; I've not seen them before. The housing is powder coated too so I'm reluctant to screw up the finish to tack the brackets, but I think I can sacrifice a few spots then touch up with paint. I heard those brackets can move on a hard launch. Say Otto I'm gonna need a good trans when this is all said and done so I may stop by soon. I've got fam in CT. Already gave Bobby a pile of money for the slug.