new start up

found solution

I pulled off timing cover and test fitted the old timing cover back on. I only have a new cover because old one cracked upon installation. Anyways with the old cover on the cam sensor slid right in. Napa and I are gonna have a nice.little chat tomorrow

cam sensor

what ever brand you go with unless you buy a TA cover you will want to test fit the cam sensor like i said earlier in the thread the last 2 I've got had to be modified to get get them to slide in i broke one of the ears off trying to push in the cam sensor while someone was bumping the starter trying to get it to drop in place.

find a good used one! then rebuild the oil pump . aren't they all the same ,even the non turbo ones

I HAVE A FEW 20 BOLT ONES IF YOU STILL NEED ONE
I ALSO HAVE CAM SENSORS AS WELL
hotairmotorparts047.jpg

AUG162011040.jpg

almost done

I had old.cover repaired. Got everything back together. Still won't start. I think I have cam sensor set at the.wrong tdc. Everything else checks out.

keep looking for your problem--------engine will run rather good if the cam sensor is 180 out-------engine will idle poor (especially when cold) and will have terrible off idle stumble but it will run at speed just fine

Not sure what else to check. I have spark. All fuses good. Everything plugged in. However one time when I turned key on I had no fuel pressure. That happened once. Motor will crank for a few seconds and then bog down.

still nothing

I reset cam sensor to correct 25 after tdc. No start. I don't know what else to look for.

I would try checking the ECM if you haven't. If you have another known good one, try that. When mine went bad it had the same symptoms .

finally :) :(

Got it started. Cam sensor was just simply 180 off. Then after the cam break in and let the motor cool down. Went for a drive and spun some bearings.

Just randomly spun some bearings? What was your new oil pressure with the cover installed again?

,Dan