New rim/tire purchase

murphster

I'm looking into buying some new rims and tires and just wanted some feedback. For a 86' T Type.

Centerline Convo Pro's
15x8.5 for the rear with 3-3/8" Backspace
15x7 for the front with 3-3/8" Backspace

For the front tires I want to get 235/60/15.

For the rear tires, the car previously has had M/T ET Streets on a rim with unknown backspace. I think its a 15x8 rim. The tires were 28x11.5. They fit fine but would rub some on the outside when making slow turns and on launches.

I'm looking at getting some 275/60/15 Nitto drag radials as they tend to be a little smaller than other tires and I'm hoping they won't rub. I'm also considering getting another set of ET Streets or the new M/T ET street radials. For these I may step down to 275/50/15. The 275/50 is supposed to be more like a 26x11.5 so I assume these won't rub as much since they are not as tall as the 28x11.5 although they are the same width. Does that make sense or will they still rub the same? Would air bags help?

Does anyone agree/disagree with the above? I just want to be sure before I purchase anything. I''d prefer the 28" tire for looks but 26" is ok and I still have the 28x11.5 ET Streets for the track.

Any advice from anyone about potential rubbing? I want to purchase these tomorrow.

They are GNX like rims with the ET Streets mounted on them. Not sure on the make.

i have 12.5 x 28 x 15 et streets on 8.5 centerlines auto drags with 3.5 back spacing and dual airbags they do not rub the frame and the lips are not rolled hope this helps