New rebuilt Accufab regulator not holding pressure

GNandTTA

Just had my old Kenne Bell regulator rebuilt (replaced) with a new Accufab black unit and it is not holding pressure when the key is turned on. Already trouble shooted it by swapping on my other car, clamping the fuel lines, etc. Definetly the regulator. John at Accufab said it is normal for them not to hold pressure. I always thought they are supposed to hold. The factory one does as does my other Kenne Bell one does. Question: should I still have it replaced? Is he telling me B.S?

depends on what you mean by not holding ,
if after you turn the car off the pressure drops down slowly over about 1/2 hor or maybe more thats ok

if its within just a minute than something is wrong or you have a leak , doesnt take much of a leak with liquid to drop the pressure rapidly

you can crimp the rubber line at the front of the motor
once you have pressure ,crimp the feed hose if the pressure holds then the problem is not the regulator or injector(s) and there is probably is a leak in the feed line from pump to the engine , could be the rubber line from pump to the hange in the tank or the check valve in the pump isnt holding .or a rusted metal line by the frame

if it doesnt hold when you crimp the feed hose then it could be leaking injector(s) or fuel rail leak or the regulator

if it didnt happen before the swap look for a leak near the regulator oranything you may have touched in the fuel line

putting a known good regulator on would be a quick way to determine if its at fault , if it holds pressure , youve found the problem

but stating that the regulator shouldnt hold pressure is BS, i have the accufab on my 86 and it holds just fine