New Rear frame brace Brackets!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
These new rear frame brace brackets allow you to make your own rear frame brace! You will have to supply your own cross bar and weld it to these braces cause each and every frame cross bar will be different sizes.

http://www.gnsperformance.com/#!bodyframe-g-body/c15ae

These brackets are laser cut and CNC bent then Tig welded

The reason for just making the brackets and not the cross bar was for several reasons:
1) Shipping
2) Each bar will be a different length due to manufacturing
3) Some may want round stock, some may want square stock

Simply remove your bumper and bumper isolator/shock supports, bolt these right to your rear frame ends and measure for your bar then cut your bar to fit and tack weld it in place, remove the brace and finish welding then have it coated to your preference then it will just bolt right back in place and you will have a
completed rear brace at an affordable price!

Rear Frame brace3.jpg

Rear Frame brace.jpg

Rear Frame brace2.jpg

Last edited:
Thats awesome. It will save alot of time.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks Guy's! Several are going on customers cars, when we receive pictures I will share them.....

Newb question: what's the purpose of adding this brace ?

Edit: I see on your website they are to stiffen the frame, but is this an issue for fairly stock cars or most for the cars making big power?

Last edited:
Newb question: what's the purpose of adding this brace ?

Edit: I see on your website they are to stiffen the frame, but is this an issue for fairly stock cars or most for the cars making big power?
Correct, The brace stiffens up the car.... Mostly for people going for handling or just wanting to stiffen up their car..

Correct, The brace stiffens up the car.... Mostly for people going for handling or just wanting to stiffen up their car..
My $.02:smuggrin:
The "loose" rear rails have no rigid tie once they leave the rear cross member, at the spring pocket. [Close to 3'.]
The only "stability" is derived from the body mounts...
This rear brace adds some degree of rigidity.

Any feedback from those using this rear brace? How does it compare to the Tin Man rear seat brace?

I like the way the car seem to drive and handle alot better to n me.

Attachments

• 1434939898220.jpg
    1434939898220.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 505
  • 1434939933008.jpg
    1434939933008.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
Any feedback from those using this rear brace? How does it compare to the Tin Man rear seat brace?

Scott, I made one of these braces to tie the rear frame horns together years ago on my GN. I already had all the other typical G body braces in place, added one at a time to try to notice any difference, and felt that this one did make a difference. As I recall, most all the braces make a bigger difference than you would expect...all of them were worth doing. I guess that's no surprise when you start out with a limp noodle for a frame...

Scott, I made one of these braces to tie the rear frame horns together years ago on my GN. I already had all the other typical G body braces in place, added one at a time to try to notice any difference, and felt that this one did make a difference. As I recall, most all the braces make a bigger difference than you would expect...all of them were worth doing. I guess that's no surprise when you start out with a limp noodle for a frame...
Thanks Dean.

I agree 100% ....

Hey Scot. Just confirming these are made from aluminum, as you mentioned they are TIG welded. I need a set in aluminum, and would like to support a forum vendor. But I need to see if it's a lot cheaper just to have them custom made up here. Shipping is killer. :(

I wonder how rigid aluminum would be vs. chromemoly.... And the differences in weight.

Who was the member that posted his white El Camino on this thread? I also have an El Camino and had a question.

My $.02:smuggrin:
The "loose" rear rails have no rigid tie once they leave the rear cross member, at the spring pocket. [Close to 3'.]
The only "stability" is derived from the body mounts...
This rear brace adds some degree of rigidity.
Wouldn't the bumper hold the back together?