New pump not working when hitting test button

Boston GN

At least I don't think it is. Got the pump a year ago as my original went out and installed it. Never ran anything through it as I was reassembling the car. Today I finally picked up some methanol. Hit the test button and get no stumble. Red indicator light goes on but thats about it.
Where do I start with this thing?

Also, I unplugged the pump and hit the test button and it lit up green, so I'm assuming the wiring is correct. Not sure where else to look as nothing has been touched since initial kit install a bunch of years ago.

Also, any reason the pump would run but not spray besides a blockage in the injector/lines? Could have sworn I could hear it when I hit the test button. I'll have a friend help confirm it is or isn't.

Last update for now. When I have a friend hit the test button I can hear the pump hum. So, I'm getting power.
Not sure what my next step should be

Last edited:
Crank up the knob all the way then test it. Mine does the same thing unless I test it at full pressure.

ks

It may be necessary to hold the button for several seconds to prime the system.

If you have a older pump I would have someone watch it for leaks when your priming.

RL

New pump bought last year. My original pump lasted a good 4 years. I Just started to run the new one the other day. I was wondering about an air pocket or something. I'll turn up the knob as advised above and keep working on it this weekend

Cranked the knob all the way over and gave it a few more tests and it seems to now work fine. Must have just needed to purge the air in the system.
Seems good now.
Thanks gentlemen!

Air.. just like an oil pump.. once you get the air out.. they work great.