New Pics

She is good lookin Todd. I always like hangin with you b/c it gives me inspiration on what I would like to do to mine. ;)

Talk to you soon.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I need to get the paint lookin' as good as yours though!

That's awesome. Talk to me about your rear brake setup...:cool:
Hey Will, just a simple F-body swap, fairly easy to do. JDSfastGN just did the swap recently and he did find out the shock will need to move inboard just a little. I believe he drilled a new hole and moved the shock over. Other than that the only real modification I did was to make adapters to retain the stock e-brake cables to work with the f-body e-brake. here is a write up I did a while back: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...wheels/206369-ls1-f-body-rear-brake-swap.html

And thanks again guys, its really cool to recieve compliments from others with the same car.

Great looking GN sir. Yes, the "tracking" is due to the wider tires up front and out back. My GN does the same thing. My tech at work was able to help reduce that by setting the toe on the car a little more towards the positive end of the specs. HTH

just made one of the pics my screen saver for the week , now those rims look right on the gn , very good selection i like it sweet

Thanks for the info Todd. I really should have paid more attention to your car when I saw it in Noble, I was too fascinated with the 6776 and the nice intercooler fabbing to notice some of the other cool details about your car. I will pay more attention on November 1 :D :D :D

But seriously stop posting pics of your car. You have no idea how badly this makes me want to do the same to my car and my wallet is saying N00000000000000 :eek:

Pics

Thanks again for the compliments guys.

Yea, I know, shoulda shined the tires:redface:.

315s + HR bar = no problem. Drive the car 90% on the street, handles great, smooth ride. Only issue at all is it tracks just a little on some roads, I think it is caused by the wider tires, they get in the road "groove" and will walk just a tad, not too bad though.

I only took two pics of the engine, they both look like azz but I'll post up

Gonna try to make it to Noble again, had a freakin blast last year hangin' with ya Dan!! As long as diesel doesn't get as expensive as race fuel!
Still livin' in the 10s, I think I'll hang here for a while!!

is that a xfi system i see right kickpanel how did you mount it mine is under the seat but still having a problem putting my kickpanel reason being the black box is still to fat got to take my time and run it differently.

Man this car is too nice!!!! Great job and thanks for all the info answering many questions all over the place.

is that a xfi system i see right kickpanel how did you mount it mine is under the seat but still having a problem putting my kickpanel reason being the black box is still to fat got to take my time and run it differently.

I mounted the XFI box to the kick panel with some push to lock plastic buttons. kinda like the ones that hold door panels on but smaller. The adapter module is mounted in the stock computer location with a little trimming here and there. Its a tight fit and a little pain to get everything mounted, but it came out clean and you are able to watch the lights on the XFI box from the drivers seat.

Thanks again guys for the kind words.

the car looks great Todd. And yes the funny tracking is pretty common. My car does it as well with the wider rear tires. Its not too bad except for on those worn down country highways that have decent grooves in them. If ya want come down to HRP this weekend. I know its gonna be hotter than hell but i really want to feel a Tbrake launch in my car.:cool:

Thanks JD.
Gonna try and make a track trip next Friday to Seally. Bunch of locals here are gonna have a little "shootout" among the club. I plan on representing the Buicks!!!
How are the new brakes doing?

Thanks JD.
Gonna try and make a track trip next Friday to Seally. Bunch of locals here are gonna have a little "shootout" among the club. I plan on representing the Buicks!!!
How are the new brakes doing?

Cool, i may come run as well. The brakes are doing great, it was night and day just doing the front ls1s.... but now with the rears its pretty incredible. I can't hold much boost on the street tires ..... but thats whats the Tbrake is for. Anyways, I hope the transmission is doing well. Ill give ya an update on how the car runs in the heat at HRP this sunday.

WOW!! :eek: I remember your first series of pics showing off your GN with those wheels - I was impressed with those too. IMO, absolutely PERFECT choice of wheels, tires and ride height. I wouldn't change a thing! Very nice job.

If I only had the $$$ :cool:

Great pics Todd. This car rides/drives as good as it looks. Sounds good, runs smooth, spools super fast, runs 10's on pump, and pulls like a freight train. Perfect street car.

You guys rock, thanks for the compliments!
Gotta give praise to DiscoStu for the tune and for the help he has given with the car. I run 23# on pump gas and alky, Texas heat, A/C, and absolutely no problems.
Thanks again guys.

I made a motivational poster for you Todd :D

toddposter.jpg