New pesonal best

pwr6kid

In the recent tragedy of mean chickens down time, here is a kill to keep this section alive. This past Friday some friends decided they wanted to go to the track, and I was itching to try 26” tires vs. my 28”. First pass out was nothing spectacular 12.0@110 base timing 20/18 on 25 psi with meth. After the first pass I bumped the timing up to alky chip specs 23/21. Ran an 11.7@113 with an 8 psi launch. Next pass I spun bad out the hole and uncapped the dump.

At this point I was happy I backed my previous best up and mph. So I bump the timing in ½ to 24 leave ¾ alone and added fuel. I start my burn out and notice a red c5 next to me at and was louder then my car! So I stage in the first set of beams and wait for him to trip his set. Next we both stage at the same time. The first light drops I got wot, second light car is at 8 psi and going up third light I’m almost pushing threw the lights. Third light goes out I leave on 15 psi pull the drivers side wheel with a 1.62 60ft to his 1.8. Car hits second I look over and he is next to me about half a fender back. Shift in to 3rd and he starts loosing ground to my surprise since this is where I expected him to pull on me. 1000 ft mark he is was behind me in the rear view. Win light comes on in my lane, im ecstatic I just beat a Vette. I pull up to the shack to get my slip; the lady says if you go any faster you need a cage. A little lost as to why thinking I ran an 11.7 again I look at my slip 11.51@116 to the Vette’s 13.0@106!

I am all kinds of happy as I pull back to the pits and my buddy has a video on his phone. After the third time of seeing it I hear in the back ground that da*m six cylinder beat us. So I look around and the red Vette pulls up next to me in the pits. His friends had a few jokes to him about loosing and I see them pointing at the Buick.

At this point I put my street tires back on as they load the Vette on the trailer. One of the other guys made mention of this to the Vette owner that is was driving home and didn’t need a trailer. That made my night $50 in gas, $15 to play, $5 for a track burger and coke, beating a trailer in car with my daily driver. Priceless :biggrin:

Mean chicken this one is for you, until your return.

In the recent tragedy of mean chickens down time, here is a kill to keep this section alive. This past Friday some friends decided they wanted to go to the track, and I was itching to try 26” tires vs. my 28”. First pass out was nothing spectacular 12.0@110 base timing 20/18 on 25 psi with meth. After the first pass I bumped the timing up to alky chip specs 23/21. Ran an 11.7@113 with an 8 psi launch. Next pass I spun bad out the hole and uncapped the dump.

At this point I was happy I backed my previous best up and mph. So I bump the timing in ½ to 24 leave ¾ alone and added fuel. I start my burn out and notice a red c5 next to me at and was louder then my car! So I stage in the first set of beams and wait for him to trip his set. Next we both stage at the same time. The first light drops I got wot, second light car is at 8 psi and going up third light I’m almost pushing threw the lights. Third light goes out I leave on 15 psi pull the drivers side wheel with a 1.62 60ft to his 1.8. Car hits second I look over and he is next to me about half a fender back. Shift in to 3rd and he starts loosing ground to my surprise since this is where I expected him to pull on me. 1000 ft mark he is was behind me in the rear view. Win light comes on in my lane, im ecstatic I just beat a Vette. I pull up to the shack to get my slip; the lady says if you go any faster you need a cage. A little lost as to why thinking I ran an 11.7 again I look at my slip 11.51@116 to the Vette’s 13.0@106!

I am all kinds of happy as I pull back to the pits and my buddy has a video on his phone. After the third time of seeing it I hear in the back ground that da*m six cylinder beat us. So I look around and the red Vette pulls up next to me in the pits. His friends had a few jokes to him about loosing and I see them pointing at the Buick.

At this point I put my street tires back on as they load the Vette on the trailer. One of the other guys made mention of this to the Vette owner that is was driving home and didn’t need a trailer. That made my night $50 in gas, $15 to play, $5 for a track burger and coke, beating a trailer in car with my daily driver. Priceless :biggrin:

Mean chicken this one is for you, until your return.

Damn cuz!! That right there is getting it done! Congrats on the new best. Sorry I didn't make it, I was beat after work on Friday. Plus my car isn't 100% anyway so I doubt I'd have kept up with you.

Ive beaten Vettes before, it's fun!

I might actually take mine out of the garage tonight.

Scott what’s wrong with your gn? And the guy Mike sold the tbird to is a good friend of mine.

Thanks, as for what’s done.
218 cam
te44 at 25 psi
methanol
tt chip with 60's
Supra pump
Precision fmic
10.5" pro torque 32-3400
3.5" gn1r down pipe with dump
Summit drag shock up front brand new stock shocks in back
No front bar stock bar in the back
Boxed lowers and an air bag in the passenger side
Heads and intake are stock other then valve job and springs
Lc-1 power logger and a scanmaster
All on pump gas and alky 0* of knock on any of my passes
with a full tank

Scott what’s wrong with your gn? And the guy Mike sold the tbird to is a good friend of mine.

Thanks, as for what’s done.
218 cam
te44 at 25 psi
methanol
tt chip with 60's
Supra pump
Precision fmic
10.5" pro torque 32-3400
3.5" gn1r down pipe with dump
Summit drag shock up front brand new stock shocks in back
No front bar stock bar in the back
Boxed lowers and an air bag in the passenger side
Heads and intake are stock other then valve job and springs
Lc-1 power logger and a scanmaster
All on pump gas and alky 0* of knock on any of my passes
with a full tank

Rich, it's just got a few issues I've been needing to take care of. With peak season coming, I doubt I'll have the time. I think the DS header is done in and I know it needs brakes too. I'm gonna go to a H&R bar hear soon so I'll be putting up my ATR bar for sale.

Yeah, Mikey decided to make a change again. I liked the T-Bird too. Runs great. He's got a 4x4 F-150 now so he's happy.

Very nice. Congrats on the new best. Time to change the ET in your sig.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard