New Personal Best! So close to 10's

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
Made it out t the track tody and ran my new best. Drove to the track and drove it home. 2.5 hour round trip. Car ran silky smooth. I'm very happy with this stree tune! Very happy with the times but bummed not getting my 10 sec time slip..:( I'll keep at it.

Run 2
100* Heat
60ft: 1.7
1/8: 7.242
MPH 98.628
1/4: 11.2
MPH: 120.830
7 PSI Launch FB
19~20 PSI
20~18*Timing
10.8 AFR
93OCT Spraying Alky
Trans in 3rd automatic shift.

Run 3
97* Heat
60ft:1.689
1/8: 7.025
MPH: 98.709
1/4: 11.0
MPH: 118.679
13PSI Launch FB
19~20 PSI A few frames on the top of third hit 21PSI
20~19*Timing
10.9 AFR
93 Spraying Alky
I slept on the shift light and went to 6000 :eek:
Trans in 2nd & I Manully shift 2-3

My last run I lost the Time Slip but had the best MPH. The 2-3 shift was made right ontime 5400.

New Best!
60ft: 1.7
1/4 11.0
MPH: 122
13PSI Launch FB
20~20* Timing
10.9 AFR

Very close. The two things I would do, would be either work on the suspension to better hook the high boost launches, in order to get your 60fts in the low 1.6 to high 1.5 range. Or, tune this combo to run 22* timing in all gears at that boost level.

11.00 at 122 is as perfect as you can get without changing those two factors. Your 122 came with the timing change. If you go for more timing, make double sure you have zero knock retard at the top of 3rd. Doing that and not changing your bottom end and 60 ft should net you a 10.9x pass at 123ish.

Now, if you got your 60fts into the high to mid 1.5's, poured in pure VP C16, turned off the alky and put a TT race chip in that had 26* timing in all gears, I would bet good money you would be in the mid to high 10's at 124-126. 122mph shows very good promise that with that last tune, you'd definitely be in the 10's.
Getting there with alky is going to take perfecting your 60fts and a little more timing. 22* timing in all gears would be my absolute limit on 93 and alky and depending on your turbo, I'd probably keep the boost below 22psi as well to keep it safe. Just remember, safe is zero knock going through the traps.

Keep your head up, you will get there. Heck I remember back in the day fighting so hard to get into the 10's with my old grey car. After 4 months of trying, I finally ran my first 10 second pass at the Buick vs Ford shootout in Noble OK back in 2000. Up to that point, I had a envelope full of 11.teen, 11.00 time slips and it was killing me. But when I got that 10.96 @ 123 slip, I was jumping up and down screaming my head off. All the Mustang guys around me thought I was insane. Then five years and three combos later, I got my best ever of 10.07 @ 135 and called it a day. But that's a whole other story. I always say, the most fun I ever had was when the car ran low 11's to high 10's and was still streetable.
Anywho, don't worry, you'll get there and when you do it will be so worth it.
Keep us posted.

Patrick

Very close. The two things I would do, would be either work on the suspension to better hook the high boost launches, in order to get your 60fts in the low 1.6 to high 1.5 range. Or, tune this combo to run 22* timing in all gears at that boost level.

11.00 at 122 is as perfect as you can get without changing those two factors. Your 122 came with the timing change. If you go for more timing, make double sure you have zero knock retard at the top of 3rd. Doing that and not changing your bottom end and 60 ft should net you a 10.9x pass at 123ish.

Now, if you got your 60fts into the high to mid 1.5's, poured in pure VP C16, turned off the alky and put a TT race chip in that had 26* timing in all gears, I would bet good money you would be in the mid to high 10's at 124-126. 122mph shows very good promise that with that last tune, you'd definitely be in the 10's.
Getting there with alky is going to take perfecting your 60fts and a little more timing. 22* timing in all gears would be my absolute limit on 93 and alky and depending on your turbo, I'd probably keep the boost below 22psi as well to keep it safe. Just remember, safe is zero knock going through the traps.

Keep your head up, you will get there. Heck I remember back in the day fighting so hard to get into the 10's with my old grey car. After 4 months of trying, I finally ran my first 10 second pass at the Buick vs Ford shootout in Noble OK back in 2000. Up to that point, I had a envelope full of 11.teen, 11.00 time slips and it was killing me. But when I got that 10.96 @ 123 slip, I was jumping up and down screaming my head off. All the Mustang guys around me thought I was insane. Then five years and three combos later, I got my best ever of 10.07 @ 135 and called it a day. But that's a whole other story. I always say, the most fun I ever had was when the car ran low 11's to high 10's and was still streetable.
Keep us posted.

Patrick

Good to see you are still hanging around the Buick crowd. I got my GN in 2000 and raced at the Shootout that year.
Sorry I missed meeting you then.

I'm glad to see that Steve is doing well with the 6265. I think many underrated it's capability until Bison really put it to the test and it performed extremely well.

Keep us posted.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! After my last outing and reviewing logs, I see a couple of things I need to address. Next time I go out, I planned on running 22psi w/timing @ 20* ~ 20* w/alky. I figure if I get no knock with this tune before I go back to the track, I'll use it as a starting point and try to work my way up to the timing you mentioned (22*). I think I'll stop there as I don't have the safty equipment to go this fast. I'll probably only get a few times to pull it off before I get booted. When I get the cage, I'll set it on KILL mode! I'll keep at it.