New best 1/8 time: 6.99 @99 mph

stevek

Just went to mooresville nc 1/8 mi track, I was happy with times with champion ported iron heads and intake , trying to get to 100 mph in 1/8, hopefully get 1/4 times if zmax opens back up for test and tune.

60 ft - 1.57
6.99 @ 99.0 mph
#30 lb boost
26* / 22* timing
11.0 / 10.9 afr
15 lb launch

Attachments

• IMG_20150423_234441_518.jpg
    IMG_20150423_234441_518.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
Nice times for a simple build. Is that still on the stock cam? What stall do you have and what does your GN weigh in at? My friend is building something similar and this is helpful.

Our builds are close, except I have a 6262 turbo. Run in my sig. was only 26# boost and 22/20 timing, for comparison.

Does Z max hook ? im in SC not way to far to test ... Darlington drag way is iffy an non consistant

Yes it still stock cam, the converter is a pro torque converter, i think it is a 2800 or 3000 stall from David Huesk and he also did my transmission and i ordered all my parts from him when i put heads and intake on. I never weight the car hope to get it weighed this weekend but it is all stock plus i had 2 spare tires on rims in trunk in case i get flat on rears. i miss zmax when they had test and tune , my friend said it looked good , cars were hooking up pretty good, maybe next thursday, have to call and see.I would like to get boost up little higher maybe 32#,but 30 all it seems to get to,may need different spring in wastegate

Just went to mooresville nc 1/8 mi track, I was happy with times with champion ported iron heads and intake , trying to get to 100 mph in 1/8, hopefully get 1/4 times if zmax opens back up for test and tune.

60 ft - 1.57
6.99 @ 99.0 mph
#30 lb boost
26* / 22* timing
11.0 / 10.9 afr
15 lb launch
Nice job That is fun stuff......you know 6.99 = 10.98, and a little better if you can knock the 60 down. Add 57% for quarter ET and 25% for MPH. Thats a tough nut to crack. How tall are your back tires?

Nice job That is fun stuff......you know 6.99 = 10.98, and a little better if you can knock the 60 down. Add 57% for quarter ET and 25% for MPH. Thats a tough nut to crack. How tall are your back tires?
my tires are 28 in. tall m/t 295-55-15

Stevek, where are you? Mooresville drag way is only 30 min from my house. I'm on the Terrell side of the town of Mooresville.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Stevek, where are you? Mooresville drag way is only 30 min from my house. I'm on the Terrell side of the town of Mooresville.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I'm located in cornelius off exit 28, mooresville drag is about same distance for me maybe longer when i go back roads when 77n is stopped, I'm not going today to much to do, if you want we could meet up somewhere ,like to checkout your car,there is another member who lives in huntersville, he goes by CKbuick, I messaged him but haven't heard back. Let me know thanks.

Cracking 100 mph is gonna be tough sledding with an unlocked convertor...and at 30 PSI I'd bet you're blowing through it. You'll likely see a big improvement in the 1/4 with that convertor locked. ET, MPH and build is in my sig for a comparison. Boost was in the mid 20's.

Cracking 100 mph is gonna be tough sledding with an unlocked convertor...and at 30 PSI I'd bet you're blowing through it. You'll likely see a big improvement in the 1/4 with that convertor locked. ET, MPH and build is in my sig for a comparison. Boost was in the mid 20's.
I know i can lockup my converter with power logger at any speed but i was told not to because it will damage it or it can't take the stress i guess, my converter is from pro torque, I'll have to ask David Husek about it. Any more ifo will be great thanks, I don't know why but i wasn't notified of this message till now sorry for late response.

You could make a run down the 1/4 with it unlocked...and check the slip percentage. I gave up on LU convertors years ago...as I had Eric lock them for me in high gear at a given MPH...but they never lasted long.:D I had the transmission swapped to NL...and haven't looked back.:)

On my power logger it looks like drops around 530 rpms before going back up in high gear, not to much slippage i guess

Yes it still stock cam, the converter is a pro torque converter, i think it is a 2800 or 3000 stall from David Huesk and he also did my transmission and i ordered all my parts from him when i put heads and intake on. I never weight the car hope to get it weighed this weekend but it is all stock plus i had 2 spare tires on rims in trunk in case i get flat on rears. i miss zmax when they had test and tune , my friend said it looked good , cars were hooking up pretty good, maybe next thursday, have to call and see.I would like to get boost up little higher maybe 32#,but 30 all it seems to get to,may need different spring in wastegate

Why would you put ported heads and intake with stock cam??