New Owner Looking for info links?

rob j

Relatively new here. I just recently purchased a stock, original, 16k mile 87 GN from a collector. This car has lived it's life in a climate controlled garage, and it shows. The car is in absolutely amazing condition, and still has the original factory delivered tires and paint. It is a late Sept. 87 built model, so it has area's of metallic in the paint. It is truly a time capsule.

I plan to keep this car 100% bone stock, and will drive it only occasionally.

I've been wanting a GN since I graduated HS in 87.

What I'm looking for are links to info on this forum for general service procedures, and general info on these cars in regards to do's, don'ts, and general knowledge a GN owner should be aware of. I'm not new to cars, but am new to the GN's, so my goal is to have a strong understanding of the car, so I can maintain and keep it in tip top shape for many years to come.

Thanks, Rob

Here are a couple of pics of the car.

87GNand65Riv007.jpg

87GNand65Riv029.jpg

87GNand65Riv023.jpg

87GNand65Riv032.jpg

Beautiful car! :) The only thing I would recommend is a new chip...Turbo Tweak....the original factory chip is outdated for today's gasoline.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. These are the sort of links I'm looking for.

So, what's your opinion on running today's gas on a bone stock 87 GN? What does the Turbo Tweak chip do?

I'm not looking to hop up this car. I want to leave it stock. I'm more concerned in the preservation of this car rather than the modification.

Just kidding man. I am really happy for you and your ownership of a one of a kind car. Nice work!

..... and still has the original factory delivered tires and paint. ......I plan to keep this car 100% bone stock, and will drive it only occasionally. ........Thanks, Rob

Please tell me you are NOT going to drive this nice car on the highway with 25 year old tires [that were junk to begin with when new]? :confused:

.....Please tell me you are NOT going to drive this nice car on the highway with 25 year old tires [that were junk to begin with when new]? :confused:

As stated, this car will get very little use, and it won't see any highway duty. This car really is too nice to drive often. As they say, they are only original once. I will mostly take it to local cruise in's once a month or so. (Weather permitting) This car is not allowed to get wet.

What ever you do get an alarm or tracking device if you don't have one. People like to steal TR's big time now.
Enjoy:D

Thanks for the quick replies guys. These are the sort of links I'm looking for.

So, what's your opinion on running today's gas on a bone stock 87 GN? What does the Turbo Tweak chip do?

I'm not looking to hop up this car. I want to leave it stock. I'm more concerned in the preservation of this car rather than the modification.

It'll make everything run smoother. Call Eric and explain to him what you have and what you want. Do a good "spring cleaning" and roll on.

Holy smoke that is a beautiful car. Park it back in the climate controlled garage and get another, less beautiful car and beat on it.

Holy smoke that is a beautiful car. Park it back in the climate controlled garage and get another, less beautiful car and beat on it.

Funny thing, as I've thought about doing the same. Problem is, I don't have any more room for another one. I'm in the middle of a frame off restoration on my 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport, so it is actually two cars now.