New Owner in San Antonio, TX

Kaz

Heya gang,

Figured I should introduce myself after lurking round the boards for the last few weeks. Name is Mike and I'm down here in San Antonio, TX. I've recently purchased my dream car, an 1987 GN with around 22K miles on it. I have to say I'm really impressed with the previous owner(s) as this car looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

I've been working my way through the Spring Cleaning checklist and have also installed a Scan Master to verify the numbers. So far things are looking pretty good. The only major item so far is that that A/C doesn't blow cold so its next on my list since we are currently having 100 degree+ weather around here. Add to this the current lack of window tinting and T-tops and you are in for a sun burn just driving down the street ;)

I did replace the rear headliner yesterday with the ABS plastic reproduction part from GBodyParts. The existing headliner was sagging and driving with the windows down wasn't helping matters. The replacement part looks great. The only pain was that it was about 100 degrees in the garage while I was doing it. I had set up a fan when I started working and the fan broke about 5 minutes after I started. I felt like Ace Ventura inside the fake Rhino (hopefully someone will get that reference).

Anyhow, the information you guys have provided on these forums has already been a great help to me while coming up to speed on the GN. Thanks!

- Mike

Here's a quick pick:

0f372b9942_1024.jpg

Mike,
Welcome to the site. Grab a beer and make yourself at home. Let us know if you have any questions.

Happy spooling.:)
Mike Barnard

Hehe, I had pulled the car into the garage to replace the rear headliner and when I went to remove the T-tops I almost gave myself 3rd degree burns. Note to self: wear gloves when handling the Buick when its been out in the sun.