New motorcycle opinion

It's a nice bike, but too much money. And that fat tire is just following the moronic trend of "bigger is better", just like car wheels. It won't be long until some manufacturer one-ups them and slaps a 300 series tire on a bike, right from the factory. It looks cool up to a point, but there's a fine line between looking good and looking ridiculous. That size tire ceratinly does nothing for good handling (which is an oxymoron anyways, when it comes to cruisers...)

I'd take a Victory over a Harley though, only for the reason that way too many people think that a Harley is the only bike to own, and that everything else is garbage, when they really don't have a clue. My brother in laws wife for instance: They're the typical R.U.B. type (rich urban bikers). They came over to my house, and his wife looks at my SV1000 and says "You should have bought a Harley, it's a real bike".. This bitch is the biggest yuppie whiner I've ever seen, who's never even looked at a bike until her husband bought one, yet now she's an expert. He's bought into the "Buy every Harley related item known to man" thing too....

It's comical, really. Oh well, I'm ranting.

If I had to buy a cruiser, it'd be a Yamaha Warrior.

I like that bike. I wouldn't mind hauling it around in my Harley Truck just to piss people off. :D

Originally posted by bishir
I like that bike. I wouldn't mind hauling it around in my Harley Truck just to piss people off. :D

Lol :D

Nothing beats the time I had a friend's buddy look at my old bike (a '99 SV650) and say "You shoulda bought American... a Harley, not that Jap scrap)", while he was sitting on the tailgate of his Toyota truck.

My next door neighbor is a engineer for victory motorcycles and he swears up and down that victories are the best bike out there. Usually I would just think he was being biased (sp) but he used to also work for big dog, and I believe american iron horse and said that those bikes along with harleys dont even compare. Take it for whats worth but thats just what I hear. I personally dont care for the looks of victory.

I also had never been a fan of Victory styling until I saw this Hammer. It reminds me of the V-Rod without as much rake. I like the V-Rod but I can't get over the price and in my opinion the over-rated hype that goes with it.

You get to a point on those bikes that bigger is better you get to the law of diminishing returns, I went and looked at the 2,000 cc
Kawasaki Vulcan and I could barely pick it up off of the side stand, what fun is that if you can barely move the thing, just my 02's.

Ron

The Victory is a great bike - but if that kind of bike interests you I would also look at the new Honda VTX 1800F model. Very clean custom looking bike, and very comperable in power. I would advocate that the Honda is better engineered and a much better value, but that is a personal choice.

Originally posted by lieu910
The Victory is a great bike - but if that kind of bike interests you I would also look at the new Honda VTX 1800F model. Very clean custom looking bike, and very comperable in power. I would advocate that the Honda is better engineered and a much better value, but that is a personal choice.

I'm out on the VTX :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gnturboray
I'm out on the VTX :rolleyes:

Oh okay pardon me for providing you with an objective reply, since you're one of those people that dumps on a board member for simply trying to provide you with the feedback you asked for...please allow me.

Can I watch when your expensive Victory with the huge back tire to handle that manly 97 HP gets blown off the road by a tiny little 600 cc sport bike that cost 1/2 as much? ;)

Originally posted by lieu910
Oh okay pardon me for providing you with an objective reply, since you're one of those people that dumps on a board member for simply trying to provide you with the feedback you asked for...please allow me.

Can I watch when your expensive Victory with the huge back tire to handle that manly 97 HP gets blown off the road by a tiny little 600 cc sport bike that cost 1/2 as much? ;)

Dude I'm not dumping on you,,,I'm just saying I'm out on the VTX that's all. It's just an opinion. The VTX 1800F has some nice options and a similar look with the tribal paint and all,,,but I saw the Hammer and the VTXF at the Dallas Bike Show and I like the whole package of the Hammer compared to the VTXF.

And as far as getting blown away by a 600cc sport bike,,,,,if you look in my signature I'll smoke that 600 and busa's with my modded zx10r,,,,,,how does that grab you!!!!

If I buy a cruiser it's for me and my wife to roll with our "Harley" buds thats all. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by efi-street
IMO, if you want to look, sound, and feel like you're on a Harley, just buy a Harley. :D

Harley is definately the icon to which all cruisers are measured. But since the market is saturated with Harleys wouldn't it be nice to roll through the middle of a pack of them and see something different that didn't cost $35k.

Harley is definately the icon to which all cruisers are measured. But since the market is saturated with Harleys wouldn't it be nice to roll through the middle of a pack of them and see something different that didn't cost $35k.

Amen to that brother! I opted for a vertatile, functional bike and bought an 04 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R. It does everythig well, has 120 HP, gobs of torque, and 43 MPG. I'm very happy with this bike. I say dare to be different. I don't need any bling bling. Hard to beat an IL4 jap bike.

Originally posted by Evans Ward
Amen to that brother! I opted for a vertatile, functional bike and bought an 04 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R. Hard to beat an IL4 jap bike.

Those are nice bikes... Hard to beat jap twins, too :D

I'm partial to twins, but don't like cruisers...and I'm not into full faired sportbikes, really either. If I had the $$$ I'd have an Aprillia Tuono *drool*

Here's a shot of my SV1000 from last summer :)

Magazine guys have hit 10.80's with 'em. With me on it, it's probably mid 11's. Still plenty fast enough for me though :D

Attachments

• 7-1-04 b.jpg
    7-1-04 b.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 214
Very nice Welby. I hear those are wonderfull handling bikes. I see that D+D carbon exhaust too!:cool:

Originally posted by Evans Ward
Very nice Welby. I hear those are wonderfull handling bikes. I see that D+D carbon exhaust too!:cool:

Thanks,
Yeah, they wouldn't have been my first choice, but I picked them up used for $150 off of a TL board. Alot better than spending $450 new. They sound sick on the bike, too :D People blast D&D's for being too loud, but on a twin they sound sweet. I wouldn't want them on an inline bike though.

Originally posted by efi-street
IMO, if you want to look, sound, and feel like you're on a Harley, just buy a Harley. :D

This is like saying,,,If you want to look, sound and feel like your driving a Grand National,,then buy a Grand National,,,no T-types or Turbo -T's. :eek:

This is like saying,,,If you want to look, sound and feel like your driving a Grand National,,then buy a Grand National,,,no T-types or Turbo -T's. :eek:

Well, that really doesn't make much sense, because they're still all the same Buick, with different clothes :D

As far as "just buy the Harley", not everyone likes to be a lemming. Not that I don't like Harley's, I do. I just hate that anybody who buys a Harley throws on some leather and instantly transforms into a wannabe badass :D