New member to the dark side

Jorgy

Newly boosted
Hey guys. Just got my '86 GN delivered on Saturday. I've been wanting one of these since I drove a new one back in '87. She's a beauty and plenty quick with all the mods done already.

Mike
Ankeny, IA

Attachments

• Photo May 10, 8 52 39 AM.jpg
    Photo May 10, 8 52 39 AM.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 114
Hey guys. Just got my '86 GN delivered on Saturday. I've been wanting one of these since I drove a new one back in '87. She's a beauty and plenty quick with all the mods done already.

Mike
Ankeny, IA

Mike,

Welcome to the board. Nice ride. Can't wait to go for a spin in it sometime. What mod's does it have??

Mudstain Mark

Here’s a list of some of the major mods:

Precision Turbo 6265
LS-1 MAF
Big Mouth cold air intake
ATR liquid to air intercooler
Walbro 340 fuel pump
60 lb. injectors
3000 rpm stall converter
Rebuilt and upgraded transmission

Wow!
Looks clean. Congrats on the find. Your comment about "All the mods are done already" , is laughable. I assure you, they are never "Done".:D You will either want or need something to make it better or faster. I'd be surprised if you can go a week without ordering something. Now that you've tasted the crack cocaine, we must warn you. These cars are very addictive.:confused: But, don't worry. You're not alone.

Welcome to the Turbo Buick .com support group.:D

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

Wow!
Looks clean. Congrats on the find. Your comment about "All the mods are done already" , is laughable. I assure you, they are never "Done".:D You will either want or need something to make it better or faster. I'd be surprised if you can go a week without ordering something. Now that you've tasted the crack cocaine, we must warn you. These cars are very addictive.:confused: But, don't worry. You're not alone.

Welcome to the Turbo Buick .com support group.:D

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

Thanks Mike. Yeah, I guess I worded that wrong. What I meant was it's already fun with the mods that are done to it so far. :-P

It runs on 100 octane so I'm already looking at converting to e85.

I didn't look at the pic at first, but you have my 2nd favorite TR: Hardtop, 86, no door guards. Very cool! Number one for me is a 86 designer series, hardtop, no door guards.

Great find!

I think I order something everyday. Already the best terrible addiction ever.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think I order something everyday. Already the best terrible addiction ever.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I can relate! My first thought was to keep it stock but plans have changed the last two months. Vendors on here are awesome! Congrats on the new ride! Welcome to the best social network out there. Have yet to see a damn cat picture!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk