New Member, second owner 87 GN

Polecat

Just received my 87 GN after almost a year long search. Bought it from only viewing a couple of photos from the estate of the original owner. The car has just under 53,000 km's (33,000 miles). An independant appraisal documented this mileage as true and that the car had appeared to have never been winter driven and that the trunk appeared to be new in appearance. The son of the original owner was selling the car to finalize the estate and could only recall somebody sitting in the backseat on one occassion.

The car was repainted and appraised in October 2006 and has only had 305 km's (200 miles) put on it since that time. The vehicle was shipped to me by train and while I was able to start the car it would not continue to run. My estimate was that the 1/8th tank of fuel was probably in the car since 2006. When I got the car home I put a charger on it, added a couple of gallons of premium fuel and some stabil to the tank. In a couple of hours it fired right up no problem at all.

The inside of the car and the exterior of the car are great except for a minor rub spot on the passenger front corner from the original owner rubbing the garage while trying to put the car away. The only other issue on the exterior is that the side emblems are placed a little high after the repaint and that they placed the intercooled emblem with the grand national emblem on the back of the car.

The engine compartment has some minor surface rust on the fire wall and several of the engine components have rust discoloration on them. The oil breather seems to have been replaced with a black cap for some reason.

I had a garage quickly look at the car and they said it will require new tires as the side walls are all cracked, new front brakes and it has an exhaust leak at the drivers side manifold to pipe?

The appraisal states that the undercarriage is rust free and the interior is certainly in very good condition. I want to believe the mileage to be true but my only concern is the rust (mostly discoloration) in the engine compartment.

I only had the car for 24 hours and it is now in heated winter storage until springtime.

Boy is it ever going to be a long winter.

Woodwalker - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting