New Member from Munich, Germany

nanbuicker

Hi everybody,

this is my first post on TB, so i'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Oliver, i'm 36 and i'm from Munich, Germany. I only once got the chance to drive a Buick and that was propably 15 years ago. Buicks are VERY seldom in Germany. Probably one of the most seldom car brands. I have never seen a Turbo Buick over here so far. I do NOT own a Buick, but i do own a 71 Chevelle.
I registered here because this is said to be the no#1 resource for the 2004R trannies. I have been looking for a 2004R tranny for years over here now, without any success and now i'm hoping for some help here.
I recently bought one for cheap which i had planned to overhaul with all the good parts from CK, but quite frankly i am too afraid to invest that kind of money and then screw up on the rebuild. So i thought again and decided that i want to buy a complete tranny with LU converter and sell the one I have, even though shipping and taxes will kill me. I have already contacted some of the site sponsors, but did not get any replies. Oh well. :(
If you can help selecting the right tranny or have any ideas on how to get a 2004r to Germany, please let me know. Maybe someone knows some soldiers doing service over here?
My cars specs are:
71 Chevelle, full interior, street tires, 383 SBC with AFR195 and GM847 Roller cam, around 450 HP. 12 Bolt rear end.

Thank you!
Olli

Here are a few pics:

21072009(001).jpg

21072009(004).jpg

21072009(008).jpg

21072009(017).jpg

21072009(029).jpg

Welcome to the board.
I dont' know anyone stationed in Germany but my Dad was Provost Marshall at Baumholder in the mid/late 1950s.:)

Buicks are not that rare in Germany:

DSC_0921-01.jpg

It's back in the states now. I am working on getting back to Germany.

Rob

"HK" is a fake german plate of the US Forces, isn't it? Nice car! But still Buicks are extremely seldom! I see way more Ferraris and Lamborghinis than Buicks in Munich! I still would say it's one of the rarest Brands. :wink: I wish there were more like yours! Are you stationed over here?

Olli

"HK" is a fake german plate of the US Forces, isn't it? Nice car! But still Buicks are extremely seldom! I see way more Ferraris and Lamborghinis than Buicks in Munich! I still would say it's one of the rarest Brands. :wink: I wish there were more like yours! Are you stationed over here?

Olli

"HK" was for US Forces in Germany. I understand the US Forces are now being issued normal German license plates from the region they are stationed.

I was stationed in The Netherlands from 1990-1992, Portugal from 1994-1996, and Germany from 2000-2003 and again 2005-2006. I am retired from the military now living in Texas. And you are right, there aren't too many Buicks in Germany, although there is a German Buick Club (The Buick Club of Germany). I was a member of the Dutch Buick Club (Dutch Buick Club) when I was living in Germany (my Dutch is better than my German).

As far as a transmission for your car, call Henri up in The Netherlands. He has a shop near Aachen, and specializes in American transmissions. He speaks German I believe. Here is his contact information: Home. He might be able to help you out or refer you to someone who can.

Tell him Rob the American with the Turbo Buick referred you. I hope he can help you out.

Rob

Thanks Rob, i will do that. I have gotten a pretty good offer from CK, but shipping and customs will add another 800-900$ on top! Crazy! I'll let you know what Henri says. Did he build a tranny for you? Is he good?

Thanks a lot!
Olli