New LS Powered GN Build Thread

The hinges appear to be modified by cutting off the bottom round part of the hinge, and welding it back on the top side. This was done before I got the car. Here are some pics:

51501ac52724338.jpg

51501ac527b033b.jpg

How did you get the front to sit like that I have 325-50-15 out back and want my front to sit just like that too sweet

How did you get the front to sit like that I have 325-50-15 out back and want my front to sit just like that too sweet

It has the entire TRZ front suspension with coil over conversation and rack and pinion conversion. In the rear it's tubbed with a 9" and ladder bars.

PRE in Brownstown plumbed the gates, set up the blow off valve, and mounted the radiator:

5150378ae030d44.jpg

5150378ae05dc7e.jpg

5150378ae07e8d3.jpg

I think it's so low that it will be a bitch to cruise with, but it looks cool so I'm leaving it this way.

5150378aeeaf50a.jpg

Thanks, will do.

I'm told it was originally from a 12 liter bus engine, it's a Garrett turbo, and I think it's 80mm.

The engine mounts showed up, so I hope to have shots of it sitting in the car soon. These mounts and adapters are said to set the engine low and back compared to other swap mounts, which is always good in a drag car. I was told these would place the ls engine in such a way that it could bolt to the stock GN trans. This car has already previously had a TH400 in it behind a v6 in the stock location, and we're using a TH400 as well. The TH400 cross-member is still in the car. So theoretically, this should be a bolt in. We'll see.

514e6f52b631319.jpg

Part numbers are:

Moroso 62530
Moroso 62630
Edelbrock 6706
I tried to order these part numbers but the Edelbrock number is not available from vendor...any suggestions????

Dumb ??:confused:
I see there are 2 lines that look like plastic vac line, on the dr trunk hinge. I have them on the 86, but they are broken off. What are these for??

The hinges appear to be modified by cutting off the bottom round part of the hinge, and welding it back on the top side. This was done before I got the car. Here are some pics:

51501ac52724338.jpg

51501ac527b033b.jpg

That prevents the bottom of the hinges from hitting the tubs....

I tried to order these part numbers but the Edelbrock number is not available from vendor...any suggestions????

Ian, those mounts are really really similar to what I am using. Here's what you need to do for your 6.0 that you are swapping:

Transdapt 4575 - sets the motor in the position to where it should bolt right up to your gn's transmission. If you use the truck accessories, you will need the setback mounts like I linked you to, otherwise the power steering pulley will be all over the steering box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trans-Dapt-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aeae21853&vxp=mtr

Those are the 1" setback mounts like I use. You also need the SBC motor mounts and frame pads like shown in the pic above. You can get them from Jegs or Summit Racing.

Good luck.

Any updates on this build? Love it!!!

Thanks! I have driven the car around quite a bit, but only taken it to the track once. We are racing it at Milan tomorrow also.

To be honest, although it is very streetable, the road manners aren't the best. I still enjoy driving it, but the suspension makes a lot of racket and the TRZ front end is great at the track but kind of a pain in the ass when you're trying to park at the grocery store. It's fast and fun and can be driven anywhere though. I'm really happy with it.