New Kirban GNX Wheels & Tires

Since this post has went in a different direction (gee I thought I was checking into some wheels:confused: ) Thought I would add my .02 worth. IMO Dodge/Chrysler is in many ways much like our beloved Buick of the 80s in the fact that the are willing to take some pretty awsome cars (300, Magnum, Charger) and add some really NICE performance mods in the form of the SRT8 package and create a true PERFORMANCE vehicle. Not unlike the V-8 Regal..to..T-Type..to..GN..to..GNX! I have a GN which I LOVE to drive occasionally and an SRT8 Magnum that I LOVE to drive EVERYDAY! I am just thankful to be able to enjoy BOTH cars. Don't knock it if you don't got it and don't hate it if you don't understand it. Test drive any SRT8.....I think you may be impressed by the BOAT! Oh well, back to the wheels now.

Jack,

Calm down over there, Im not trying to give you any "bullsh*t". First of all, I never called you any names, and you must insist on calling me a tool :rolleyes: . I was just stating my opinion on the Chrysler. I know that the SRT-8 is a totally different animal than the base 300. I was comparing the handling of the 300, and I doubt that the srt-8 would handle any better (if at all) than a base 300 (the body is way too tall, sits high, and is heavy). Ive owned and presently own a few other cars in which I compared the handling of the Chrysler to and it definitely is in last place. I also find it rediculous in trying to make a $1,600 profit for just shipping the rims (when it only costs $100 to ship) because it would only take you an hour or so to pack up the wheels and ship them out :rolleyes: Seems to me that your low on the totem pole in your work and trying to make a quick buck :D . Have fun with your Chrysler junk..

Jack,

Calm down over there, Im not trying to give you any "bullsh*t". First of all, I never called you any names, and you must insist on calling me a tool :rolleyes: . I was just stating my opinion on the Chrysler. I know that the SRT-8 is a totally different animal than the base 300. I was comparing the handling of the 300, and I doubt that the srt-8 would handle any better (if at all) than a base 300 (the body is way too tall, sits high, and is heavy). Ive owned and presently own a few other cars in which I compared the handling of the Chrysler to and it definitely is in last place. I also find it rediculous in trying to make a $1,600 profit for just shipping the rims (when it only costs $100 to ship) because it would only take you an hour or so to pack up the wheels and ship them out :rolleyes: Seems to me that your low on the totem pole in your work and trying to make a quick buck :D . Have fun with your Chrysler junk..

You just are having such a hard time figuring this out, aren't you, Bass. If I was out to make a big profit I wouldn't offer new wheels and tires that I paid $1,750.00 for at a price of $1,000 picked up. The shipped price is a joke, probably way over your head. Bottom line, I've lowered the price from $1,200 to $1,000 but don't want to ship.

You're right about me, Bass, being low on the totem pole at work. I'm self employed so I sweep the floor, file, type and own the company. Oh yea, and buy what I want for my company car.

Hi Jack, Very Interested...PM Sent!

PS, I remember you from waaay back on the Gnttype list..our ranks are thinning...

Bottom line, I've lowered the price from $1,200 to $1,000 but don't want to ship.

Jack,

I'll take the wheels and tires for $1000. I'm in Los Angeles, but I'll drive to Phoenix to pick them up. Will you hold them for me? I can leave you a deposit via PayPal if you wish.

Great Choice Of Cars

Way to go on the car choice Jack

I've had my 2006 Chrysler 300C - SRT8 for a year now and I am still amazed at how great of a car it is

My wife has an AUDI TT Roadster and I compared the SRT8 300C against the RS4 & RS6 and the choice was easy

Why pay an additional 30K for the AUDI when you get more creature comforts and almost the same HP (425 hp V-8 vs 450 hp Bi-Turbo)

Don't get me wrong, i think the newer AUDI RS products are in a class of their own, but 70 - 80 grand is still to steep for my poor a$$

Great looks, very, very fast (not GN fast, but still fast), and handling is out of this world

If you bought yours new, wait until you do the SRT track experience (that is included in the cost of the car). A full day at the local track (PIR) test driving all the SRT products - Viper on down

You'll be amazed at how the SRT products put the smile on your face as you approach a 180 degree turn at 125 mph and jump on the big Brembo Brakes and power it thru the turn setting up for the next straightaway

There is a HUGE difference between a base 300 and a SRT8 300C

If i want 10 second speed at the track, I take the 86 GN

If i want 155 mph cruising in full comfort I take the 300C SRT8

And if I want to go play on the twisty mountain roads with the top down I take the AUDI TT quattro

Best of luck to you

Ray

Totally agree with your assessment, Ray. I like my wife's Audi A4 Quattro Sport a lot, in it's own right. We came back from Laughlin, NV one time, averaging over 80 MPH and still got 28 miles per gallon. The SRT-8 rides and handles a lot like the Audi A4 Sport or the 2005 Audi S4 I owned last year. It's unfair to compare it with the Grand National that we all love. Two different cars, two different uses.

Oh, by the way, I just found out the SRT-8 doesn't have a spare tire. A little unnerving for long trips but I guess I just join Triple A?

Unfourtunantly I just found this thread, & have seen the above post, but at that price I do want make sure that they are in fact SOLD & gone.
Thanks

Yes, they are sold to the same fine Texas family that bought my GN. They are going to have someone locally pick them up and ship them.