New Kirban GNX Wheels & Tires

Jack Evers

I just bought the wheels new from Kirban and the tires from Tire Rack. They are B F Goodrich G-Force Sport 255/50ZR-16 for the rear and 245/50ZR-16 for the front. (same as OEM size on GNX). I doubt I have 200 miles on them. Wheels aren't even dirty. I've got over $1,750 into them, will sell for $1,400 or best offer. My GN is sold. Extra set of new center caps and lug covers. Will sell FOB Phoenix, will NOT ship.

Attachments

• 032307.jpg
    032307.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 923
  • 032307a.jpg
    032307a.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 850
Price Reduced

Price reduced to $1,200. This is less than what the wheels cost alone. Still won't ship. :cool:

OK, so I'm VERY interested...but in CT...are you SURE you won't ship? Wrap each one in a contractor trash bag, put a label with my address on 'em and drop it off at the shipper...lemme know!

OK, so I'm VERY interested...but in CT...are you SURE you won't ship? Wrap each one in a contractor trash bag, put a label with my address on 'em and drop it off at the shipper...lemme know!

It's a bit more complicated than that in order to do it right. These are brand new wheels and UPS would sure enough screw them up. In order to ship right, they would have to be broken down and boxed. I'm just not going to screw with it and will let them sit in garage until local buyer shows some interest. No shipee.

GN gone, Chrysler 300 SRT-8 coming.

Fair enough. Wish I could say you were wrong...suffice it to say I wish you were within a drive from me, though...they'd already be in my garage!

Just a note about shipping. I recently shipped some expensive SSR wheels/tires. Tons of tape and a two circles of cardboard over each side of the wheel....no problem. I've shipped and had shipped several sets this way with no problems. It's also the way Tirerack does it for mounted wheels.

I'm not trying to convince you to ship them (although I would certainly buy 'em) but just letting you know that it really isn't a big deal and could put some $$$$$$ in you pocket sooner. Or you could just drop them off at a UPS Store and let them deal with it at the buyer's expense. Good luck with your sale BTW.

Just a note about shipping. I recently shipped some expensive SSR wheels/tires. Tons of tape and a two circles of cardboard over each side of the wheel....no problem. I've shipped and had shipped several sets this way with no problems. It's also the way Tirerack does it for mounted wheels.

I'm not trying to convince you to ship them (although I would certainly buy 'em) but just letting you know that it really isn't a big deal and could put some $$$$$$ in you pocket sooner. Or you could just drop them off at a UPS Store and let them deal with it at the buyer's expense. Good luck with your sale BTW.

I have successfully done exactly as you describe with 18" BMW M-Parallel wheels and several sets of T-type wheels with zero issues. Wheels have been shipped to me the same way and have arrived without damage from UPS, DHL and FedX ground. The tire being on the rim is what protects it with the cardboard, shipping has usually run $40-50/wheel. Good luck!

Wheels and tires are off the market and no longer for sale. I said in my initial post that I would not ship.

Back for sale..

I decided to put these wheels and tires back up for grabs. Given the vast number of inquiries, I've decided that I would ship if necessary subject to the following prices:

Picked up at my garage door: $1,000.00
Shipped.. $2,756.25

Need to make room in garage for cars.

Attachments

• SRT-8a.jpg
    SRT-8a.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 357
EH, thats Chrysler junk...I would never had sold the GN for that Chrysler boat...Not to sound mean or anything, but im willing to bet youll be kicking yourself in the A** for letting go of the GN pretty soon...:frown: Oh, and Im not sure what the difference in suspension is between the base 300 and the SRT-8, but I have a base 300 for my company car and it handles like total crap (and feels like im driving in a raised SUV its so high...)

EH, thats Chrysler junk...I would never had sold the GN for that Chrysler boat...Not to sound mean or anything, but im willing to bet youll be kicking yourself in the A** for letting go of the GN pretty soon...:frown: Oh, and Im not sure what the difference in suspension is between the base 300 and the SRT-8, but I have a base 300 for my company car and it handles like total crap (and feels like im driving in a raised SUV its so high...)

Sounds to me like you know sh!t about the SRT-8. If you don't like them, don't buy one. I can get through life without your bullsh!t just fine. The SRT-8 is nothing like the base 300 you drive. As far as it being a "boat", it's no longer than the GN and a few hundred pounds heavier. Handles damn near as well as my Audi S4 did for half the price.

Bass???

Who is this Bass guy anyway. What a complete tool! I had my first GN in 1987 and have had a total of six of them. I still like Buicks but have moved on to different things.

I have a base 300 for my company car and it handles like total crap...)

Pretty low on the pecking order, huh Bass. Maybe as (and if) you move up within the company they will get you something more appropriate to your self perceived status. hmmmmmmmmm :D Maybe then we can then talk about the difference between a 1987 regal V/8 and a Grand National.

I decided to put these wheels and tires back up for grabs. Given the vast number of inquiries, I've decided that I would ship if necessary subject to the following prices:

Picked up at my garage door: $1,000.00
Shipped.. $2,756.25

Need to make room in garage for cars.

So it costs 1700 bucks for shipping?