New Iron Head Record Gabby Rojas

i think i see jealousy...the downpipe dumps right after the passenger tire.if i remember correctly 1.40 60ft 5.992 et 117.1 mph.thats all i remember.boost i think was at 40 psi and timing im not sure.i dont know for sure but i dont think it is stroked.im almost positive its not.tryin my best to answer the questions, gabby doesnt reveal his secrets.james

Unless he's street racing for $ he shouldnt need to keep secrets.

Unless he's street racing for $ he shouldnt need to keep secrets.

It the car's times and pictures have be posted on the net, why would talking about the combination matter...:confused:

i think i see jealousy...the downpipe dumps right after the passenger tire.if i remember correctly 1.40 60ft 5.992 et 117.1 mph.thats all i remember.boost i think was at 40 psi and timing im not sure.i dont know for sure but i dont think it is stroked.im almost positive its not.tryin my best to answer the questions, gabby doesnt reveal his secrets.james

there is no jealousy over here. i am very impressed with his times. my only comments were asking if the fenderwell dump burns tires and if he is using nitrous since you can clearly see solenoids.

the biggest secret has already been let out of the bag...HIS TIMES!

awesome times

i'm interested in the combo too:) what heads are on the motor? thanks Bob

i know he has a bottle but i dont know if he used it on the 5.99 pass.Sorry for the mixup let me clear this up.gabby doesnt have secrets he jus doesnt talk about his setup unless you ask and i dont ask.ill try to post what i know thats the best i can do.he is running champion heads bob.i dont know the exact weight but the car has no fiberglass and has a/c.i know in the trunk he has an amp and subwoofer so that makes it a little more than stock.

james

Thanks James

I have been around these cars for a couple of years and most guys i know don't run a lot of boost. Me and my buddy are told we are crazy for running the boost we run and it's not close to 40psi. i guess they have a good reason because if everything is not right it will get ugly quick but they want to know the combo because we put some good times up. 40psi is awesome and i am glad i am not the only crazy person out there:) i would love to see some video of this car......................Bob

i have a video that i took with my phone but has extreamly bad quality.one of the guys that was with us saturday has a better video i think he is going to post.yea people dnt like to run that much boost because if anything happens the engine is done.

Congrats Gaby.

Stand up guy. He is helping me (a gn rookie) and he likes to run boost with less timing. We started to play with my car and hes getting it to run 21 psi on pump gas, car feels strong. Im gladd hes got a record.Lets see that video.

From what I heard it's really nothing special like some on here would like to believe. It's NOT a stroker (stock cubes), he has an old school Erson 214/214 Duttweiler cam, Champion ported iron heads, etc. Think he sprung for some K1 rods and a girdle.:biggrin: ;) Much like Gabby's buddy Orlando he likes to go fast on a budget, no XFIs, no distributors, no aluminum heads, just lots of testing to get things right!

BTW, I was told it went 6.0's @114mph in the 1/8 on boost alone, but the 5.99 @117mph was with a little bit of the juice. Now maybe everyone will throw a bottle on their cars so they can crack off that 5.99!:eek::p

At one time he was using the n2o for spooling only but I haven't spoke to him in a while to see what he's doing now. Regardless 5.99 is hauling a$$ with that combo.

Boost is always a good thing. If my GN wasn't making 33lb every pass down the track, something was wrong.

At one time he was using the n2o for spooling only but I haven't spoke to him in a while to see what he's doing now. Regardless 5.99 is hauling a$$ with that combo.

Boost is always a good thing. If my GN wasn't making 33lb every pass down the track, something was wrong.

:biggrin:

Just got off the phone with Gabby, looks like he is going to try and get a truck and trailer so he can take the car down to West Palm Beach to run the car in the 1/4 mile at Palm Beach International Raceway. He also wanted me to give a special thanks on here to a few guys that have really helped him get his car to run these numbers.

~ Eric Marshall at TurboTweak for all of his help, guidance, and patience in answering all his questions!

~ Ivan at Tranny Tech in Miami for building him a badass 200-4R that has held up to a LOT of power and trans-brake launches!

~ Bill Steuernagel at Champion Racing Heads for sharing his advice/knowledge!

~ Dusty Bradford for the PTC converter!

Oh BTW,

I asked Gabby about the weight of the car and he is very certain it is over 3600lbs because his car weighed 3450lbs without him in it and that was before he added the heavy Wolfe style rear sway bar and he also has a box of tools that he leaves in the car that he brings to the track.:eek:

Gabby called yesterday.......there's more left too:eek: He was spraying it from 2nd gear on, so look for the 60's to drop when he grabs it a little sooner.