New hotair intakes underway!

Re: Intercooler

Originally posted by Mr.Buick
Jeff, when you mounted the intercooler did you reverse direction of inlet and outlet? or just turn the intercooler around. Don't forget to ship the plenum, I need it soon. thanks Mr. Buick

You will have it tomorrow. :D

Yes, we reversed flow direction, but did not swap the mounting of intercooler, so that stock shroud could be used if you wanted.

If you decide to go that route, let me know. I have it down to a science almost now. Need to get some pictures of my pipes all coated. Looks much better.

Now need to build my cold air kit.

Looking at what you have done so far, I have a very good feeling this intake alone will solve the major differences between hot air and intercooled. I plan on getting atleast two intake kits in January (Christmas is coming for my kids,:eek:), so my christmas will be in January:D I have a Powerstroke intercooler and a NPR. The NPR will require the least mock up, next to a stretched stocker. I can not wait until you get some more videos of the kit cars in action. Keep up the great work.

Chuck

Your PM box is full

Typhoon - Your PM box is full.

Got your msg - Yessir. Thats me.
Jon Hood.

I got this reply 2 days ago from Bob Hebert:

'Got the MO , intake is already packaged it will be in tomorrows UPS, my local UPS closed earily today, otherwise it would have been sent today. thanks Bob'

So hopefully the intake will be to you in a couple days or less. Let me know when u receive it.

Thanks
Jon

took care of the inbox.

It was default to showing only 10days of messages. Couldn't understand how 2 messages was full.:confused: :confused:

All fixed now. :D :D

Got your stuff, looking like have everything done on Saturday for you. Mike is planning to come down, and have an intake 1/2 way through process for you.

Took some pictures last night of the intercooler installed with pipes coated.

Still gotta get my inlet pipe built tomorrow.

abn.sized.jpg

Check gallery for more pics.

www.jsmanufacturing.com

Please tell us a little more about the aluminum(?) box just below the stock inlet pipe. Is that an air filter box or is it serving some other purpose? Thanks.

That lookes AWESOME with the intercooler installed! It looks like thats how it came from the factory. I like my TM kit for performance, even though it doesn't look as good as that setup. Aside from the relocated iac motor and the s-stat housing, is there any other advantages to this setup as apposed to the tm setup? Are there any official numbers run with the I/C? Any performance gains? Just curious:D

I have been so busy modifing intakes and various other projects, tuning on my buick has not happened past the get it running stage.

Tune is far from done, but runs good and is my daily driver.

I will be more curious to see someone install it with a combination they have run on stock intake, swap to mine and see what new #'s are. I think that will be more valid than my complete new setup with no history beforehand.

I got my cold air pipes done this weekend. Mike forgot to bring the hoses for it, but I did manage to get it somewhat bolted up. Should have pics of it Monday in gallery. Got rid of the goofy stock pipe laying around. New setup looks sweet and took a different turn than I expected. Just gotta wait to see the pics.

I have 3 intakes here, in various stages. If I can dig out of that, maybe sometime this week I can do some more tuning and start upping the boost. :D :D

Let me just sayt that not less than 50 times in the last 2 months I have tried to get him tuning on that thing......maybe if the rest of you start bitching he'll get on it

Cold air pics are up in gallery also.

Here is sample

aaf.sized.jpg

Also, don't listen to Mike. He is the one we had to drag his truck in pieces to the syty nationals, and put it toghether in the parking lot.

Got it running, and since then it is sitting in his backyard on blocks.

:D :D :D :D

That's a beautiful intake pipe but it sure is l o n g. It must've been a challenge designing and assembling it. What happens if the engine twists when you romp on it? Is there/will there be a flexible coupler at the air filter? (and you'd better have rock solid engine mounts...) I'm just imagining the whole intake tube lifting and hitting the hood when you punch it. Aside from that, it's a gorgeous installation. Fantastic job!

There is two flexible couplers.

Movement of engine is not an issue with how flexible the long pipe is.

It became longer than I expected, but turns down and the air filter is in a cold air stream behind the headlight.

AND THEN THINGS GOT UGLY!!!!

Also, don't listen to Mike. He is the one we had to drag his truck in pieces to the syty nationals, and put it toghether in the parking lot.

Try to help encourage a guy and you get personal attacks....when was the last time your truck ran pal?!?

Do you even remember, cause none of the rest of the JS manufacturing crew does.:D

J/K....let me just say that I was not there when the design went down for the cold air kit, but after mocking up the install fo the pics, I am truly impressed.

Pipes

Jeff - I was just looking in the gallery - the black powdercoated pipes really look sweet. Are you doing all the kits black ?

Sent you a PM as well.

We plan to do all the piping in the silver vein just like my car, unless someone wants something else done.

Intakes can be done bare, or black easily. (silver vein wouldn't work well due to all the features).

I personally think the one we did all black looked great, too bad we didn't get pics though. We will the next time for sure.

I did mine in a silver color, but I wouldn't suggest that again, as it is showing dirt, etc.

Right now we have 3 intakes at about the 50% mark, 2 are spoken for.