New here, Getting ready to buy my first!

wow turboscott you were very nice there...that is a real class act

justinohio...i bought my gn back in 1997 for $10,500 and it was all original down to the airbox with ONLY 26k miles...you can find much better for decent prices...just gotta look hard...there's all kind of people that sell these cars and don't know what they are really selling...they think they are just selling a v6 family car:D must buy off those kinds of people...i bought my car off a dealer ironically though

I`m outside the Cleveland area,so if you find something I could look at it for you. There are a bunch of GN guys in the area that know a ton of stuff about these cars

Cool... I'm about 45 minutes from Cleveland, right off the turnpike. If you know of any nice ones in the 6-7k range, let me know :) Thanks.

-Justin

Justin, did you check out the link I posted? That lloks perfect for you. I am about 45 minutes south of Toledo. Does it have to be a GN? Let me know if I can help you out. I have had a few of these cars from stock to pretty stout, so I know what to loook for. BTW, I knew that car had been stolen at least once. Good Luck.

Originally posted by Chris Cornett
Justin, did you check out the link I posted? That lloks perfect for you. I am about 45 minutes south of Toledo. Does it have to be a GN? Let me know if I can help you out. I have had a few of these cars from stock to pretty stout, so I know what to loook for. BTW, I knew that car had been stolen at least once. Good Luck.

Yeah, I looked at that car. It seems like there's a lot of little things it needs though. The scratches aren't very appealing and the engine compartment didn't look too clean.

I would consider a T if it was in great condition and was intercooled and quick :)

Yea it needs a little work but for the money, I think it is a good candidate. Plus the astroroof is cool. My Limited has one and I love it. All 86/87 T's are intercooled and seem to cost a few bucks less as well.

Hey Justin, I'm back and forth between Columbus and Cleveland so if I can help you with anything just let me know.:D
Tarey D.
GNERGY@aol.com

Great job Scott, savin the day YOU DA MAN!!!!!

Ha, it's amazing to bring back a ten-year old thread! Anyways, I never did purchase a GN. Now that I'm "much older" and more financially stable, I'm back in the market for the Grand National I've always dreamed of owning. Looking back, I'm glad I never made that purchase! Anyways, I haven't checked the for-sale section yet but I will. I've been looking around on Craigslist and whatnot.

I'm looking to spend around 12k(ish) and am hoping to find something super clean. If it has upgrades, that's great, as long as they are not rigged and everything is installed properly. I would like a car that is fast (at least low 12's) but dependable too, but I'm also open for a completely stock one that I can upgrade myself over time.

Hope some of you old-timers that helped me way back when are still around! If anyone sees anything fitting that price range and matching that description, please post a link!