New Help Tuning

ZR1TR

I recently switched to blue tops and can't get the thing dialed in. What should I start as my fuel psi baseline. Right now it is set a 45 static. I am mostly stock other than a 10.5 Pro Torque 3000 stall, SMC alky. I am using a modern muscle chip which is probably my biggest problem. I have no idea what the timing is and it has the update feature where it won't show codes on the ScanMaster.

Anyway running 18#, went to WOT and o2s were 830 no KR. Nest stoplight took off and got 8 KR and o2s were below a 100. :eek:

Should I try to get the car running low boost no alky, then up boost and turn on alky. What boost should I run with no alky on 91 oct? Maybe 12#? How should I fine tune fuel pressure. I know there has to be a good way to proceed.

And finally if I can get this thing tuned what should my times be? I was thinking low 12s with 21#s if I can cut a good 60'.

The chip you are using is for the blue tops right? I would get the car tuned without the alky to run as much boost as you can on your 91 - maybe 12 -15 lbs. Then I would start tuning with the alky. 45 is a good place to start with your fuel pressure and you can adjust up or more likely down as needed. Is your O2 working properly?

I found part of the problem. The MAF pipe was disconnected from the inlet bell. Now #s on the SM look better. BLs are still a little low, like 112. With the 30lbers it is was dead on 128. My IAC needs to be set. 10-50 is the range correct? 55 idle is right now.

I'll set the IAC and TPS later today and post results.