New headers ... anybody feeling brave

That's a set of polished ATR headers, it's nothing new someone is just calling them their own "brand name". ATR has been making that same header since the late 80's. And i'm sure they would work fine with a stock turbo.

Those guys are also selling front mounts that are 12x24x4" with 3" inlet/outles @ under $300. Who knows, might be good stuff?

ATR didnt make their headers from 321 stainless they used 304. I dont know who made these.

Pronto said:
Those guys are also selling front mounts that are 12x24x4" with 3" inlet/outles @ under $300. Who knows, might be good stuff?
I installed one of there front mounts and can also vouch on good craftsmanship on it,If i had a 87 i would pick up a set

If you do a search on Alibaba-China's ebay type site and look up intercoolers there are tons of them being made/sold for all types of cars and trucks. I bet these guys are just buying them up cheap and selling them here.

Looks like a nice item it is pretty easy to get this stuff made in Korea or China for a good price with excellent quality. robotic welding, polised tubes, good flanges. I have been thinking about doing it for a while guess I waited too long :frown:
Mike

those look just lke the KB headers I have (not polished though)...the crossover may be a little different (which would be a good thing probably).

grocerygetter said:
those look just lke the KB headers I have (not polished though)...the crossover may be a little different (which would be a good thing probably).
Yep, the design is exactly like my KB headers, yes the crossover ipe on the passenger side is a little different...I thought the THDP came in 2 different flavors depending on the headers you have and I noticed that on these it said it was compatible with either the stock or the THDP 3" which may explain why the crossover is a bit different.

And yes, this design worked fine with the stock turbo.

If they aren't ATR's they are copys and i know for sure KB copied ATR's design i remember there was a lawsuit pending, never knew what happend though. This was back in the early 90's. Reguardless of who/where these headers were made they are a definate copy of the original ATR design.