New guy!

96Burby

Hello everyone! I have been thinking about buying a T-Type and figured this would be a good site to get input on any possible purchases!
What is a good price for a solid T-Type? Seems with the economy and all prices have went down and now may be a good time to buy! Well thanks for any input!

Good Choice!!! Welcome to the dark side too....
You are right this is the perfect time to buy something but just watch out because you want to buy a car and not there problems too! You can get a good 86-87 TR for 6-10K generally.
Just be really careful about rust.. check underneath the doors at the drain holes, the rocker panels, the trunk etc.
with that being said the best tip is to try and see the car in person!!! it is also good to catch up on some reading and get a feel for these cars:
The Turbo Regal Buyer's Guide
Vortex Buicks

Hello everyone! I have been thinking about buying a T-Type and figured this would be a good site to get input on any possible purchases!
What is a good price for a solid T-Type? Seems with the economy and all prices have went down and now may be a good time to buy! Well thanks for any input!

welcome. give brian at gbodyparts a call he might have source for a clean car or Kirbans sees a lot of them also. good luck

Welcome, If i were you and this car will be a toy or weekend cruiser just find one that is solid (no rust). I woulod not worry too much about brakes, rims tires, motor, trans, exhaust, suspension. Because trust me you will be replacing all of that anyways. So why pay for those things that are in good condition just to replace them. Now if you want a daily driver or a nice stock unmolested car then find one in great shape all around. Just dont want to see you spend money twice.
Greg

the nonintercooled cars have the engine setup a little bit different with the turbo behind the engine and since the intake is not putting your air through an intercooler its constant hot air... depending on how the car was driven they are more prone to cracked heads or exhaust mainfolds.. Not to mention you would have to convert it. 86 and 87 were the only factory intercooled years