New guy

Busyman

[BAD HBT 6]
First of all thank you for allowing me to be a part of this site. I have been browsing your articles for the past few months and find that the professionalism of the members speaks for itself. The members are very knowledgable and I believe that this will help me out in the search of my future GN. Since 1987, after my first ride in one, I have always wanted one and now I am finally in a position to purchase. Hopefully, soon I will be posting a pic with my signature. Thank you in advance for the learning experiance.

Welcome to the darkside..........:biggrin:
Lots of good info,some of us are jokesters but most of us mean well.
Read, read,read..........ect..

Good Luck

welcome...and may I recommend taking a seasoned buick owner with you when you go to purchase...no not me, but someone (i recomend Turboburick or Dr. Boost)..It could save you tons or heartache and wallet ache in the end...also you may want to post that you are looking for a turbo buick in the midwest section...who knows maybe a member has the deal you are looking for...Good luck! BTW what town are you in?

welcome...and may i recommend taking a seasoned buick owner with you when you go to purchase...no not me, but someone (i recomend turboburick or dr. Boost)..it could save you tons or heartache and wallet ache in the end...also you may want to post that you are looking for a turbo buick in the midwest section...who knows maybe a member has the deal you are looking for...good luck! Btw what town are you in?

2x

Thanks for the web site, I will check it out. I'm also very happy to hear that there are a lot of Buick guys in this area.

Great idea, I will keep that in mind when I go to purchase. I live in Antioch which is practically the IL / WI state line. As a more familiar landmark, I work in Gurnee (Six Flags and Gurnee Mills Mall) which is only about 15 minutes away.
At the last car show I was at (in Gurnee) there was an 87 GN fairly stock, but very straight and not beaten up. Other than that I don't get to see to many around here. Hopefully that will change soon.

Great idea, I will keep that in mind when I go to purchase. I live in Antioch which is practically the IL / WI state line. As a more familiar landmark, I work in Gurnee (Six Flags and Gurnee Mills Mall) which is only about 15 minutes away.
At the last car show I was at (in Gurnee) there was an 87 GN fairly stock, but very straight and not beaten up. Other than that I don't get to see to many around here. Hopefully that will change soon.

There's definitely some up that way....maybe some of them will chime in

can someone explain what diaz meant by street performance car?:confused: is there such a thing for a GN?

There's definitely some up that way....maybe some of them will chime in
We have 3 vendors up your way but alittle south of you.
CRE Loaded 6 - CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.
Jimmy's High Performance Transmission
nos4gn are all up in the MUNDELEIN area and a dozen guys near you as well:biggrin:

can someone explain what diaz meant by street performance car?:confused: is there such a thing for a GN?
Street performance use to build/repair gn's in the 90's and early 2000.the problem with buying a car that they have work on,was that many people got rip off by them:mad:that wye theraf8100 made the comment that he did.Also like theraf8100 mention about Turboburick or Dr Boost you cant go wrong with both of them:biggrin:they know their sh!t.FYI just dont tell Dr Boost i said so:eek:;);)

Diaz, thanks for the info concerning the shops up here. I will keep them in mind.
Sounds like you are from up here. Ques? Have you ever dealt with a guy that lives in Gurnee (just east of Rt. 41) that was trying to sell an 87 GN w/ t-tops, I took a look at the car and he said he jusy got it back after being stolen. Might be a long shot but I would like to talk to him if he is a member.

Diaz, thanks for the info concerning the shops up here. I will keep them in mind.
Sounds like you are from up here. Ques? Have you ever dealt with a guy that lives in Gurnee (just east of Rt. 41) that was trying to sell an 87 GN w/ t-tops, I took a look at the car and he said he jusy got it back after being stolen. Might be a long shot but I would like to talk to him if he is a member.

I've read all the stolen car treads and no one here has talked about getting their car stolen from N. Illinois so I think you have a long shot for them being a member, however maybe a member knows the person and/or car

Im near Wrigley Field but im all over the place:biggrin:As far as dealing with the guy from gurnee that had his car stolen i have never heard of any one up north having their gn stolen and the chances of him be a member here is little to none or else we would have heard about it.I personally will think twice about it unless you can do the majority of the work and getting a real good deal

hello all i am bredbidsimon and i am new here, i am from amarica. before join that forum i have work on forums for a short period so i am very confident and with great excitement i want to say thanks to the whole teem members for allowing me here.

Message received

Actually, I have not even seen the stolen buick thread so I will check it out. Every time I log onto this site I learn something new. Thanks for the direction.

Happy New Years & welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I actually have some general questions about purchasing a GN, not sure what section to post this question in though. Any ideas. FYI one question is as follows: Should I look for a $20k gn with 25-55 miles or would a gn with 120 miles on it in excellent shape with a rebuilt motor (150 miles on it) be just as worth it. I guss Im wondering how other members have been effected by purchasing a car with high miles on the body. What are some things that I should look for. BTW the car Im looking at has no rust.