New guy needs advice

That GN Guy

Hey guys, I'm new to Hawaii and the buick form. Just moved here fresh out of college on my first job, a first officer for Pacific Wings, and I'm looking for a car. I found someone selling "Okada's" car on craigslist.com and went to take a look at it. I made an offer and it was accepted but my bank is being a pain in the ass and wont give me my money (6 business days) till July 7th. I was able to track the car to this forum and read up about it and came across GN86randy's car for sale. I just went to his place last night and took a look at the car and I like it too.

My problem is now I don't know which car to go for. I was the VP for the Embry Riddle Muscle Car Association (ERMCA) in college and have been around muscle cars for some time now. I'm a LT1 Z28 owner (in Jersey) and don't know a whole lot about GNs yet but am looking forward to beign a GN owner. I don't know if I should spring for the car with all the mods, which still need some re-wiering, or if I should go for the stock car (randy's). I don't have any of my tools out here so I can't get a car that needs alot of work, but as long as its driveable I'm ok with a few problems. I commute from kailua to the HNL airport five or six days a week and won't have alot of money leftover after I buy either car.

So... yeah, you guys know a hell of alot more about these cars that I do and I'm looking for some opinions and advice as to which one of these cars you guys think I should go for, thanks in advance.

-Pete-

Go for as stock as possible. Part of the fun is changing it piece by piece, with your choice of parts, or enjoying a clean stock ride.

Pete,

Welcome to OAHU I'm sure you will be happy with whichever one you choose.

Plan's, but will take YEAR'S before it is built....I won't see it damittohell....

Welcome to Hawaii! Hope you like it there. Pacific wings huh? Are you flying the caravans? Do they still operate the 404's? I remember having to work on those because their maintenance facility is on Maui and they sometimes were stuck on Oahu. Good luck.
:cool:

They got rid of the 404s because they were always in the maintanaince hangar, and I'll start flight training after my 30 days of working customer service and stuff then I'll be right seat in a caravan. And yeah, their main base is on Maui and I'm working out of the secondary base in Honolulu which has no maintanaince personell. I assume you're an A&P Quicker, but for who?

-Pete-

Welcome Pete !! If you decide to get the car from Mike, I have a trunk if you're interested. The previous owner "TOOK" many parts from me and I'm not sure if he installed them on his car or other cars. Good luck with either one you get !!

Thanks, Paul

Turbo2nr... we have a lot of tracks.... they just dont have a tree at the start and win lights at the end. :D

FWIF, make a good assessment of both cars before you make a decision.

I found someone selling "Okada's" car on craigslist.com and went to take a look at it. [/QUOTE said:
becareful on "okada'" car might be cursed :redface:

most of us probaly paid for that car or most of the parts on it does not belong to him

find a nice stock one, I think there was a T on sale at island previews.

That T on island previews came with a regal and says it needs work. It was too expensive to ship my tools out here so I'm kinda limited as to what I can buy :/ It needs to be a daily driver with issues that I can deal with over time, like a not so good looking interior, or functional but not so good looking wiring, stuff like that. Plus whatever I get wont be getting expensive upgrades for a few years, as an entry level pilot I'm almost getting paid in peanuts.

-Pete-