New Guy in Akron, Ohio

Hello to all I just got an 87 Gn, needs some work but I plan on putting it into it. I'm looking for people around north eastern ohio who might be able to help me figure some of it out, hang out, and maybe bounce some ideas around. My brother in law has one and I fell in love with it and found one at the right time and price. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm.

Hello! Welcome to Turbobuick.com!!! :) There are plenty of GN owners in Ohio, I'm sure someone will be glad to help you out!

1st thing is go see Vinnie @ Janis Transmission on Kenmore blvd in Akron he will steer you in the right direction. he will be back in the shop on Monday.

I will try to stop by there, Just gotta get some time. Do you know when he opens and closes?? I would guess he is down in BG with the rest of the fast guys :(

He has worked on my GN, along with a couple of my other cars. No complaints here!!!!

Well I like to do my own work, but this is a whole new ball game, its a lot different then other cars im used to working on. Have experience with working on turbo cars, but like anything else you have to have help! This site is great for a lot of the things that I have questions on, but things such as my rpm guage arnt working and I cant track down the wires. The car was purchased from cleveland (if you out there, I lost your number!!!) and needed a cam sensor when I got it. I have since had to fix other wiring issues. Also have come to relize that the motor was rebuilt. The guy I got it from purchased it, and was going to use it as a project but said he got more then he bargained for..lol. Needs body work. This is something I dont know how to do. Needs new floor, rocker panels, truck floor(maybe), ect. As stated though I am still working on wiring issues, I had to hard wire the fuel pump with a switch, and find a short in the injector harness just to get it to the point it is at now. The oil pan was also dropped due to no oil pressure where I found main and rod bearings brand new and at .02 which im still trying to figure out. I have read a few things on here that say between .015 and .017 is the sweet spot but that some people run them at .02, these are just some of the problems I'm having and would like to find some people, who work on them for advice! Basically just lookin for a starting point....lol. Winter is right around the corner and I know its going to be major repair time.

Definetly a couple other guys local in the Akron area that should be able to help. Hopefully they will chime in here.

Thanks mat231, just checkin this place out, and trying to find out as much information as I can, Can anyone recommend a good body shop around the northeastern ohio area thats good with our cars.

Thank you to everyone who has helped, and I need the body shop for specific reasons such as getting a new floor installed from the fire wall back, including trunk. the paint is not really of concern right now, as I know plenty of people who can do that. Specifically what I need done are the inner and outer rockerpanels, new floor pans on passenger and driverside, and the trunk floor redone. Those are the main peices that I need done. I have a little bit of rust on the rear 1/4 panel but it would easily be fixed. Cost/work is what I'm looking at. I dont want to spend an arm and leg for something thats going to fall out in 2 months.