new guy from newport news

i have 1500 saved up just for paint so im sure i can get a decent paint job. theres a paintshop near my house but they wanted a arm and leg

Maaco. Not that great of a paint job, but it is affordable. Ask Steve where he got his car painted.

Cost me about $5k to get mine done with me doing substantial leg/prep work and %25 employee discount.

$1500 is not gonna get much better than a Macco job esp. with being two tone. I bet $3k would be decent for a driver quality not a show quality.

hey welcome aboard. I live in newport news right where the streets start turning to number but far enough from downtown. I keep my car parallel parked, granted it stays covered but ive never had no issues other than someone scuffing the corner of my front bumper.

Once again welcome aboard if you have any question just ask people on here are more than welcome to help.

man i need to learn how to paint i guess ill use that money to rebuild my engine or buy a new transmission.

I'm painting my motorcycle with spray paint with pretty dang good results! lol

Much smaller though...I would never really do a car with it unless I had a LOT of down time for the car! I've seen a truck that won best of show/paint class with a spray paint job.

man i need to learn how to paint i guess ill use that money to rebuild my engine or buy a new transmission.

Engine rebuilds start around $2500 and trans $1500:biggrin: The more power the more $$$.Ask LS954 how much he sunk in his with it's 2nd trans...

^^^oh yea and still going through it, but dont worry steve your end is fine.

I recently went to a car show in hampton and i seen about over a hand full of cars that were painted by this place down in VABCH Johns Restoration. Paint jobs were kinda out there but seamed to be on point.

^^^oh yea and still going through it, but dont worry steve your end is fine.

I recently went to a car show in hampton and i seen about over a hand full of cars that were painted by this place down in VABCH Johns Restoration. Paint jobs were kinda out there but seamed to be on point.

Lonnie will make good on it.

I've heard of that shop I almost stopped in for an estimate when I was shopping last year. I believe they are on Princess Anne Rd near Newtown intersection.

i think im just going to get the car painted in the summer this is the look im going for though. i should be able to afford engine work its all about who you know.

25u2qzb.jpg

Like the color, rims a bit too big for my taste. I have 19's on mines with 30 and 35 series tires and already have a bend on two rims, which i plan on getting repaired, and im not to fond about the ride, thinking of going to either 18's or 17's. These cars are made to run, i guess if youre on a road thats pretty smooth or one that you know well gettin on it wouldnt be an issue other wise you might be kicking yourself afterwards.

Im from the miami/ft lauderdale area and have had 4 box chevys in the past and trust me i like the look of the big wheels, up to an extent, but wouldnt do it on these cars, maybe if was a regular g-body maybe but not these.

But hey thats if you plan on going that route and after all it is your car and cash just some food for thought.

my car wont be a daily driver just something to pull out every blue moon. but im just going 22's i like big wheels but i wouldnt go over 22's on any car. plus i just have a regal limited so its nothing special about it .matter of fact i just want to keep the car as simple as i can with a nice paint job.

has any one heard of or been to new beginnings auto body on warwick . i live next to it i see alot of cars there but i never seen a finished result

has any one heard of or been to new beginnings auto body on warwick . i live next to it i see alot of cars there but i never seen a finished result

I Know this post is old but I've just came across it today.

I Know the guy that owns New Beginnings Auto Body he was a neighbor of mine at one time. They do great work there but He not cheap. Also the last time I talk to him he said he was doing insurance work only. No custom paint work.

I Know this post is old but I've just came across it today.

I Know the guy that owns New Beginnings Auto Body he was a neighbor of mine at one time. They do great work there but He not cheap. Also the last time I talk to him he said he was doing insurance work only. No custom paint work.

yeah all i see is crashed cars over there now.they look like they do good work though

A friend of mine painted my regal. He works near YorkTown/NN on J. Cylde If you havent got it painted yet I will see if he wants to tackle yours. Painting a car if you want it done right isnt cheap.

Red here in newport news I been on here a long time as REDS HOT AIR but been out the scene for couple years my TTYPE is gone but I do have Turbo buick power in my 78 elcamino and still do work on turbo regals time to time and all other cars for that matter.

LS954 Im down in newmarket area ... never seen your car rollin around there are some I see time to time but I know who they are when I see them

Im still slowly working on a full blown stage 2 car build-up for another member on here hopefully once the weather finally stays nice Ill get alot done on it. lack of garage space leaves me working outside alot :(

other than that I work at Omni performance where we do pretty much anything but I keep my buick customers to myself not thru the shop

I have been looking at shops for myself and hope to be able to get one in the next couple months and have room to get to tweaking on buicks again