New guy from Mississippi

Hello Everyone,
Im from Jones county Laurel Mississippi area. I have always wanted a GN or Turbo Buick of some sort since I used to tool around in my moms hot air 85 GN. My car is an 86 GN with mid 70k miles on the clock, It has a few mods already and I feel its a great starting point for my first turbo Buick. Most importantly to me the car was very clean and seemed to not be to butchered or poorly modded. I have had plenty of clapped out Fox Mustangs in the past and wanted to start with a solid car. I have drained my I Phone battery 3 times this hitch at work looking at this site the information is amazing to say the least. I plan on a full cosmetic attack on my Buick, everything but paint. then its onto the mechanical.

Welcome my brother. literally this guy lives right beside me.I read on this place everday and I havent even put a dent in it. Awesome I was the first to tell you welcome. And I may be of of this boat in less than a week! Later

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you found a nice one, congrats.
We have a lot of Turbo Buick knowledge in the state. Jason and Josh White in the Jackson area, as well as Shawn and Mike Hayes. Andrea Ellis from Vicksburg and the Chayne (sp?) brothers from that area as well. They also know their stuff. But when the weather is better wink wink, typically you'll see pretty much everyone at Hub City.
Me? I'm just an also ran old timer... :D

Best advice I can give is this,

1. If you do not currently own a Scanmaster 2.1, get one asap. (Full Throttle Speed http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp ic 050SCAN2GN eq Tp

2. If your motor has a stock style hydraulic flat tappet cam, do yourself a huge favor and buy a case of ZDDPlus from Kirban Performance. One bottle per oil change is mandatory for stock style hydraulic flat tappet cam equipped Turbo Buicks. http://www.kirbanperformance.com/products/20/ZDDPlus OIL ADDITIVE.html

Post up some pics of the car, as well as some detail pics of the motor. I'm sure someone here can help you find out everything about your new ride. ;)
Again, welcome aboard, your in great company.

Patrick

Hello and Welcome to Turbobuick.com!!! :) Yeah, post up some pics of your new ride........

Welcome my brother. literally this guy lives right beside me.I read on this place everday and I havent even put a dent in it. Awesome I was the first to tell you welcome. And I may be of of this boat in less than a week! Later
Hey dude, it's your fault I pulled the trigger on this Buick! LOL! The information on here is like an overload on my brain, I have to empty out a few Ford files to make room for TB information.

It is good to see Turbo Buicks finding homes here in MS.

Patrick.... it is Cheney........ FYI

-Brian

Perhaps we should all meet up at a central location if it ever cools down!?!