New from Kansas

Travis ALlen

Hello, I'm Travis from Girard Kansas... been a long time Grand National fan. Finally last summer my Dad and I finally bought a rusted out 87 GN project car but have yet to start on it. I now have my eyes on a 86 GN.
I'm a 22yr old college student in Diesel and Heavy Equipt at Pittsburg State University, hopefully I'll graduate in a few years. For the meantime I am a welder/fabricator at AZZ/Atkinson Industries.
Toys/Rides include:
1997 GMC Sierra C1500 Trailmaster SBC Vortec 5.7/4L60E trans 2WD. Building a ProCharger kit for it, looking to run 8-9lbs. This is my first experience with a boosted vehicle, so why not do your daily driver right? LOL
1969 Ford Mustang Grande GT Coupe, SBF 331 Stroker C4 auto. Its been mid 12's, but as I tried to hit low 12's, bust into the 11's I blew the head gaskets and then issue after issue occured and its set for a little... Its been in my family for 38 years now.
1966 Ford F100 LWB, soon to be SWB. Just a roller, my first ever vehicle.
2008 Honda TRX450ER Limited Edition, mild motor build. MX/all around use quad

And now the 87 GN... this is a car I found on our local Drag strip website classifieds. Near Wyndotte, OK been sitting for 7 years with blown head gaskets in what I guess was a pasture and had been saying for year after year that it would be fixed. Long story short, 26 Benjamins brought it home. It needs pretty much a full resto. Rusted through the bottom of the doors, wheel wells, floor pans, bumper fillers are junk, paints toast, but the interior surprisingly enough is in decent shape. And I even found some old timeslips from Tulsa Raceway in the glovebox and the center console along with some Buick Motorsports decals. This will eventually be a restomod... I convinced pappy that there are plenty of factory original style cars in garages and museums around the country. Still keeping the Turbo 6 but going modern on a few things here and there.
1987BuickGrandNational_zps3f0848ad.jpg

Sierra_zpscc0a249b.jpg

LittleSahara2013_zpsb2b01d8e.jpg

Sweet69GSK2_zpsf6ba05f7.jpg

Travis,
Welcome to the site. Nice toys. There's beer in the fridge. Make yourself at home. :)

Let us know if you have any questions.

Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard